DVD Drive trouble

Bambi

My DVD Drive keeps randomly opening and closing, reseting the system each time.

Can I just pull the wires to disconnect it and be done with it or will the Xbox not work without a DVD Drive plugged in?

It depends. If you're using a softmod then there is no way to unplug the DVD drive (IIRC you gonna the code error 12 during the Xbox boot). If you have a modchip, it exists some hacked bios who allows you to boot wthout the DVD drive. I can't tell what bios it is, as i only use softmod. Moooo!

i remember once reading on another forum a guy was having the same problem with a chipped xbox basically the dvd drive kept ejecting.

all he did was open the xbox up and disconnected the dvd drive cable from the xbox and left it for about an hour then came back,pluged the dvd drive cable back in and it stopped ejecting.

i remember once reading on another forum a guy was having the same problem with a chipped xbox basically the dvd drive kept ejecting.

all he did was open the xbox up and disconnected the dvd drive cable from the xbox and left it for about an hour then came back,pluged the dvd drive cable back in and it stopped ejecting.

I'll give it a try. Might be best to make sure everything is still connected properly too while I have the case off.

Modded Xboxes can run fine without DVD drives. That's how the Xbox slim case mod works. You sacrifice the DVD drive for a slightly slimmer xbox. You'll probably need a bios that allows you to disable the DVD check at boot. The X2 5035 for example, or the iND bios v5003 both allow you to do this through their config.inis.