Why I love Chrono Trigger

Lucandrake

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed. I always rename Marle, Frog and Robo. Marle usually whatever cute girl I know when I replay, Frog is Jubei and Robo is WD40.

Do you know what always bugged me? Marle doesnt use fire!

chronotrigger1.jpgBut you can plainly see fire. On the box art no less...

The last time I played i got to the caveman era.

You know what? Im starting a game! :D

Nice! You won't regret it. If you're a perfectionist though, I would recommend following a good FAQ as there are a lot of missables and one-time things that can affect the outcome of the game. You may also want to save at certain key points so you can experience some of the different endings.

I just got to the bit after I get locked up and the jury goes over you - lol - i never "bumped in to her" i gave her, her pendant back!

My kitty finding skills saved the day in court, 3 days solatery! But they wanted to chop my head off so i escaped and rescued this dude who was locked up in a gullotine.

Fighting that dragon tank - what an asshole i have to whack his head off first but he just keeps reviving!

The last time I played i got to the caveman era.

You know what? Im starting a game! :D

Nice! You won't regret it. If you're a perfectionist though, I would recommend following a good FAQ as there are a lot of missables and one-time things that can affect the outcome of the game. You may also want to save at certain key points so you can experience some of the different endings.

Yeah, it's one of those game that require a FAQ is you want 100% completion.

I remember setting up a level grind spot later in the game, in the Future with one of the factories' conveyor belts. Endless stream of robots to smash. Lavos wasn't much of a challenge after that, although it does take a ridiculous amount of beating to go down.

Beating Lavos in the earliest point possible with just Chrono and Marle, now that was fun... plus the hardest optional boss, which was the only time I had to rely on savestates mid-fight - and the fight still took a fucking long time.

Yeah Im not too fussed for fighting a boss just that when it comes to taking a long time i kinda dont get any joy from it, i remember my friend shaun fighting the end boss in secret of mana - dam he played that for a long time.

Chrono Trigger never did anything for me. just one more in a long line of same old same old jRPGs.

I'm with you, one of another RPGs I just couldn't get into...far too slow to get going, I got bored very fast.

As for good tunes played on guitar for video games, NOTHING holds a candle to Stemage's Metroid stuff, NOTHING. - http://www.metroidmetal.com/