Shopping for a TV

Krosigrim

Even at that size, you will see pixels at 720p. If I'm not mistaken, on most LCD TVs that resolution is displayed at 1366x768, that resolution is not much higher than the screen of most 15" laptops. When you blow that up to a full 32", there will unfortunately be some unwanted detail. It took me a while to get used to it, but it doesn't bother me much these days. The worst thing is seeing what SD feeds look like on it. :)

Edited by VT-Vincent

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Problem with Sammy's "B" series...there's no dedicated scaler in the B lineup, so anything "stretched" will not be filtered etc

I have an A series 32", I see no such thing as "pixels" (You would be meaning "pixelation" of an image) at 720P and anyone that say's they can tell the difference between 1080P and 720P on a 32" panel is talking out of their ass, or has never seen a half decent 720P panel.

The problem for me isn't pixelation, it's the actual pixel grid itself. I have everything laid out in a fashion where I'm pretty close to the TV and if you look at it closely, you can actually see the pixel grid itself against light backgrounds. A 1080p TV would probably fix this, but that's a little too rich for my taste right now.

Well I have been playing Fallout exclusively, perhaps I should play other games like SFHD, things with pixel art. But regardless, the TV looks great. If you are looking to spend under $500 I highly suggest this TV. As I said, it beats out all other TV's in it's class... that I'm aware of at least.

As with flat panel TV's, stated here, and by my friends, the sound is alittle... wanting. But thats nothing an even simple sound system can remedy. As I said, I use Turtle Beach Headphones, so the sound is that much more perfect.

Well I have been playing Fallout exclusively, perhaps I should play other games like SFHD, things with pixel art. But regardless, the TV looks great. If you are looking to spend under $500 I highly suggest this TV. As I said, it beats out all other TV's in it's class... that I'm aware of at least.

As with flat panel TV's, stated here, and by my friends, the sound is alittle... wanting. But thats nothing an even simple sound system can remedy. As I said, I use Turtle Beach Headphones, so the sound is that much more perfect.

It doesnt really matter anyways seeing as how most 360 games dont play in 1080p resolution anyways, not even fallout, check the back of the box.

• 2 weeks later...
It doesnt really matter anyways seeing as how most 360 games dont play in 1080p resolution anyways, not even fallout, check the back of the box.

I have researched this very point. But I was referring to a possible defect or something. I had it hooked up to a 50+ inch projection tube Hitachi, and was set to 1080 but even the games that dont do real 1080, came in smoother. I figure now because it was projection, and it kinda blurred into place. My image now is far more crisp, which gives way to what I was seeing. No issue though, the image is indeed great, most excellent B class selection.