is it possible to auto download torrents?

Inky

I been toying with the idea of getting off cable TV and watching all my TV from internet sources. of course there is hulu, the major network websites and netflix. But I was wondering if I could set up for certain shows to get downloaded automagicly from a certain tracker? for instance say I want to get House every week. but I don't want to have to remember to manually download it.

If I could get it working to where I didn't have to do alot of extra work I could see myself saving almost 80 bucks a month.

edit: upon further investigation it appears that it's quite possible with something called ted (torrent episode downloader) RSS feeds and a bit of set up time and planning. the main stumbling block would be the 'channel surfing' times when I'm not watching a favorite show and just watching anything that seems half way interesting. and selling the whole idea to the wife lol.

far from it fool. I'm the opposite. I am busy. a wife, 4 kids, jobs, gaming, guitar, softball, ect, ect. I don't have a lot of time to be messing with this. I just want to see if it is possible to cut a bill out of my budget and keep every one happy.

far from it fool. I'm the opposite. I am busy. a wife, 4 kids, jobs, gaming, guitar, softball, ect, ect. I don't have a lot of time to be messing with this. I just want to see if it is possible to cut a bill out of my budget and keep every one happy.

Cut that and tell me how it works out.

gaming cost me nothing. I don't pay for any of my hobbies.

damn if I knew you felt that way I would have told you I was a dirty thief a long time ago :)

damn if I knew you felt that way I would have told you I was a dirty thief a long time ago :)

On second thought, why dont you just train one of your kids to do it? I mean, that's what they're there for anyways right? Free labor? :)

On second thought, why dont you just train one of your kids to do it? I mean, that's what they're there for anyways right? Free labor? :)

they are all busy with dishes, mowing the lawn, taking out the trash, rubbing my feet and taking out the trash :P