How To Emulate A Commodore 128 In Dosxbox!

fumanchu

hey guys

With the systems that are not emulated in xbox i always thought that it would be possible to emulate other systems with dosxbox.so after a bit of searching looking for a c128 emulator that would work on an old 386 dos system i found an emulator called pc128.

download here

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=L1A1ZOHW

if you put the folder into dosxbox and then run the application pc.128 then it will boot up just fine to the old commodore 128 screen.

i havent figured out how to run games on it yet as i have no experience of this machine so if anyone has used the old commodore 128 then they are welcome to try.

you can use the virtual keyboard in dosxbox to type in commands and prompts but like i say i have never used this machine.

i think this could open the door to commodore 16/4/+4 emulation as well on the xbox.

I'm also interested in hearing what's worthwhile on that system.

I just learned a few days ago you can install Windows 98SE through XDSL. Since i've never been a PC gamer i'm not exactly sure what's playable with the lowly power of the Xbox.

Edited by 1stmoon

Emulators for xbox is something I never worried about, since I don't have an xbox.

There is a bunch of them, but i haven't heard of any that emulate dos or a pc...

no thats not what i meant in my pm to you robert.what i meant was that i am running a port of dosbox on my xbox which emulates old 386 dos computer systems and i was looking for a site that would maybe have emulators for old systems like say the commodore 16 or bbc micro computer that would run on 386dos.

i am basically trying to emulate older systems that havent been ported over to xbox using the dosxbox emulator.

ah i see what you mean.. back in the 386 days there wasn't much in the way of emulators because a 386 ran at 16 to 40 MHz which is way to slow to do anything much.

I have a couple of old emulators for dos wether they are any use to you is another matter.

I have emulators for SMS, Space Invaders, Galaxians, and possibly one or two others. or you could try an old version of MAME (pre 0.106).

ah i see what you mean.. back in the 386 days there wasn't much in the way of emulators because a 386 ran at 16 to 40 MHz which is way to slow to do anything much.

I have a couple of old emulators for dos wether they are any use to you is another matter.

I have emulators for SMS, Space Invaders, Galaxians, and possibly one or two others. or you could try an old version of MAME (pre 0.106).

i am intersested in trying a bbc micro emu for dos286 if it exists,do you know of any????

also do you need a certain biuld of mame for the old386???

i know you said pre 0.106 but with all the different versions of mame,was just wondering.