psp homebrew, roms, etc.

hi,

i am thinking of getting a psp for my brother. but i know little about the psp. so are there any devices for the psp that allow you to run homebrew (such as emulators) and run backed up psp roms? my brother goes through games like crazy and we want to try them out before we get them and run emulators and homebrew and stuff.

something similar to the r4 or acecard or cyclods evo for the ds?

thanks in advance,

ER

you can just flash it. you may need a pandora battery for the job but once it is flashed it will do everything you want.

you can just flash it. you may need a pandora battery for the job but once it is flashed it will do everything you want.

rather not... could go horribly wrong. i would rather order something from the internet.

but how do i do this? I will consider (btw its a psp 3000)

Edited by endoplasmic reticulum

that is the way you do it. there is no plug in solution. no R-4 or mod chip. you FLASH IT.

that is the way you do it. there is no plug in solution. no R-4 or mod chip. you FLASH IT.

but how do i flash it? :D

wtf forget it :P:psx:

i will do research on my own!!! nobody shall help me.

Really? but i found this and i think psx games can be played as well as psp games:

http://psp3000hacks.com/psp-3000-hacks/cus...a-cfw-released/

I saw a video on youtube with a link to the above page. never knew i would find it on youtube :)

i have a psx so now i can dump my games and play them on psp anywhere i go if i get this thing set up.

but i dont know if it will work on the most recent 3000s. i haven't got my psp yet. gonna wait till january or february, maybe. im very patient so that wouldn't be a problem.

Edited by endoplasmic reticulum

Well, i'm outdated. Yes, there is a hack for PSP-3006 now BUT it needs exploit to start most games. not sure how it works but it is not as versatile as having Custom Firmware on PSP. I will definitely wait for more advanced hacks on PSP-3006.