Need Help: error loading Multiple Mame Emus off cdx menu dvd "could not load driver info file"

law56kerz

Hi everyone, I need some help. I had been wanting to load multiple Mame Emulators off one dvd because certain mame emulators have advantages over others.

I used CDX menu to create a multi-mame disc. I created a cdx multi-game disc with Fbaxxx, FBAxxx pro, Mameox 128 plus, Mameox 71.21, and Coinops Ignite.

This program puts each game/emu in it's own directory "game 1", "game2" and loads from the cdx xbe in the root. You start a game by selecting the emulator/game you want from the cdx menu.

The problem is when I try to load Mameox off the dvd I get a "could not load driver info file" and the emulator fails to load. I'm assuming this is because something gets messed up because the emulator is loading from a sub folder and not off the root directory.

What do I need to edit/fix so that mameox builds load properly from dvd sub-folders and so that I don't get the "could not load driver info file" error?

Hi everyone, I need some help. I had been wanting to load multiple Mame Emulators off one dvd because certain mame emulators have advantages over others.

I used CDX menu to create a multi-mame disc. I created a cdx multi-game disc with Fbaxxx, FBAxxx pro, Mameox 128 plus, Mameox 71.21, and Coinops Ignite.

This program puts each game/emu in it's own directory "game 1", "game2" and loads from the cdx xbe in the root. You start a game by selecting the emulator/game you want from the cdx menu.

The problem is when I try to load Mameox off the dvd I get a "could not load driver info file" and the emulator fails to load. I'm assuming this is because something gets messed up because the emulator is loading from a sub folder and not off the root directory.

What do I need to edit/fix so that mameox builds load properly from dvd sub-folders and so that I don't get the "could not load driver info file" error?

you will need to check your rompath files to make sure that its pointing towards your dvd drive.

usually its under D if i remember.

well d usually means where the default.xbe is so it should be something like this.

d:/mameox/roms

I couldn't imagine running emus off a dvd. My FBA-XXX Pro romset is over 3 gigs on it's own. And I've got less than half the games it supports. You're talking 5 different romsets on one dvd, gonna have to be very picky about what games make it on.

I don't even use game dvds on my xbox anymore, all my games are on my hard drive. Getting up and putting a dvd in is almost alien to me. I do have backups of games I, um, aquired, rather than bought. And where I've had small ones I've made multi game dvds using Craxion, but I've always had trouble with them. They usually refuse to load one or all of the games I put on them. So big hard drive always wins.

Edited by The-Ice-Man

Well I like having things backed up on dvd, also it's nice to be able to carry it in your hand and bring it to a friends house or something.

I don't need 10 different versions of kof and/or some other games. I choose the best couple games from each series.

Fumanchu are you sure that error is caused by having the wrong rom path? I will have to try and see. All my roms are in the coinops rom directory.

Anyone else have an opinion on what causes this error.

Edited by law56kerz

if that is the case if i were you i would put the roms into each emu and i presume you changed the rompath in each emu to point towards the coinops rom directory.

like i said put the roms you want to use with the different mame emus into their proper rom folders and have each emus rompath pointed towards their own romfolder.

see what everyone else says but thats what i would do.

Well I like having things backed up on dvd, also it's nice to be able to carry it in your hand and bring it to a friends house or something.

Friends? What are those? :)