Whats up with the Economy

We can live off the land as long as we're not lazy. People are too lazy to do manual labor so it would never work. There are seeds everywhere and the know-how....it's just not convenient for most.

But no matter what steps the government takes, no matter what jobs are lost or gained, we're inevitably going to be in debt to China. They have all the cards and they're biding their time. It's too late for us I think.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We can live off the land as long as we're not lazy. People are too lazy to do manual labor so it would never work. There are seeds everywhere and the know-how....it's just not convenient for most.

But no matter what steps the government takes, no matter what jobs are lost or gained, we're inevitably going to be in debt to China. They have all the cards and they're biding their time. It's too late for us I think.

Agrarian economies usually fail. There has never been PROPER coordination between farmers and government for sustained periods. That is why so many uprisings in history have been results of mistreatment of peasants.

The U.S. is in debt to everyone, the national deficit is almost 11 trillion. But it doesn't mean jack realistically. It will never be payed off.

Also there is economic crisis in China as well, like I said, one weakness in the chain and things can go wrong globally.

Agrarian economies usually fail. There has never been PROPER coordination between farmers and government for sustained periods. That is why so many uprisings in history have been results of mistreatment of peasants.

The U.S. is in debt to everyone, the national deficit is almost 11 trillion. But it doesn't mean jack realistically. It will never be payed off.

Also there is economic crisis in China as well, like I said, one weakness in the chain and things can go wrong globally.

You're right but I'm talking about a situation where everything crashes and there is no economy. People can survive regardless. I'm not talking about farmers and government. I'm talking about humanity in general. If everything crashed and money had no use, we can still live.

China's "crisis" has an upside unlike ours. The economic "stimulus package" that China's rulers have announced will likely do actual good for ordinary people. New low-cost housing, much-needed new railroad lines, and a universal healthcare system are examples of "domestic spending" that were not in the government's budget before the recession hit. This recession in the economy might contribute to an end to one-party rule. If it gets worse, it will change its politics.

One thing we have over CHina, bigger boom-booms. nuff said.

The debt BS is just a tab that no one really is gonna pay or ask for at the next gathering.

"HEy America, um....yeah, we need dat 112 billion you borrowed for um, i think it was WW2...Or ...I fogot but i have the paper here so yeeeah, how's that looking?:

We keep everyone else from falling under and they do the same to us.

Some can manage better than others alone but politics are boring to me so i've said my share.

Hey, American Democratic Capitalism is dropping so fast, even I can could catch it!

You're right but I'm talking about a situation where everything crashes and there is no economy. People can survive regardless. I'm not talking about farmers and government. I'm talking about humanity in general. If everything crashed and money had no use, we can still live.

China's "crisis" has an upside unlike ours. The economic "stimulus package" that China's rulers have announced will likely do actual good for ordinary people. New low-cost housing, much-needed new railroad lines, and a universal healthcare system are examples of "domestic spending" that were not in the government's budget before the recession hit. This recession in the economy might contribute to an end to one-party rule. If it gets worse, it will change its politics.

Every crisis has government responses and its impossible to tell what the result will be. Stimulus plans can easily go either way. The only real way to tell is to take a retrospective look, so I wouldn't jump the gun on that one.

I don't think society can have "no economy". The economy exists regardless of what we want or don't want. What you seem to get at is a bartering system (there has to be some way to exchange/acquire goods and services for humanity to work), which is still an economy. Regardless, it wouldn't work because the cost of finding what you need is too high and trade costs would be ridiculously under managed and exploited. Imagine the economy of an MMORPG in real life :blink:

Besides, economies grow along side other developments. To shift one aspect of a society, such as the economy, into "non-existance" would most likely have a ripple effect that would harm other parts of society as well.

Eh..hopefully I'll be out by then.

Eh..hopefully I'll be out by then.

out of what? don't tell me the USA.