My samsung Drive won't load dvd9+r dl. Any ideas on a solution?

law56kerz

I bought a dual layer dvd burner, the plextor 716a, and bought a Verbatim 8.5GB 2.4X DVD+R DL 20 Pack. I read this media works well with the xbox if you set the booktype to -r. I was all excited because now I could finally burn the several dvd9 xbox games out there. I was also excited about the possibility of being able to have larger and more complete emulator collections.

So using IMGburn I loaded up Espn2k5 a dvd9 game, confirmed working, I set the booktype to -r and burned at 2.4x. Verified the disc. Popped the Nfl2k5 dvd into my dvd drive and it freezes at the sega logo, you can hear the dvd drive attempting to search or something. When you eject the disc it says "theres a problem with your disc your using, damaged or dirty. I then tried another game, Ralisport Challange 2, that game gives me a dirty disc error as the dvd drive attempts to load the dvd9 dl.

I also tried copying the games to the hardrive using dvd2xbox and it fails to copy several of the files.

Do you guys have any suggestions, other media, missing, different burning settings, different burning software, or is it probably my drive just can't read this type of media. So weird I heard samsung is the best drive and verbatim is the best media for dual layers. This sucks. My dream of a huge emu disc is ruined for now.

With the same Media i was able to backup Yakuza 2 for the ps2, and it seems to work great.

Edited by law56kerz

all drives are different and really picky about media just try burning the dvds in + instead of -.

I did that already and it wouldn't even attempt to read the disc.

i use dvd-decryptor to burn my xbox isos,you should maybe try that.

Why set booktype to -R ?

I always set booktype to DVD-ROM for DVD+R and DVD+R DL media.

My Sammy 605 never had any problems loading discs burned with DVD-ROM setting.

I'm using a NEC ND-3520AW with Liggy & Dee's 2.U4 RPC1 bitsetting firmware for what it's worth. ;)