What Are the Main Differences Between CPS ROMs and MAME?

I was downloading some CPS ROMs the other day and noticed the exact same file names in my MAME ROMs folder. I am fairly new to Arcade Emulation vs. Console Systems so I wasn’t sure if there was a big difference between the two systems.

Pardon my ignorance on the issue, but is there an advantage to running a CPS Emulator over using MAME and are these different versions of the games with the same file names, or do I have things completely backwards here? :lol:

I was downloading some CPS ROMs the other day and noticed the exact same file names in my MAME ROMs folder. I am fairly new to Arcade Emulation vs. Console Systems so I wasn’t sure if there was a big difference between the two systems.

Pardon my ignorance on the issue, but is there an advantage to running a CPS Emulator over using MAME and are these different versions of the games with the same file names, or do I have things completely backwards here? :lol:

Same deal with the NeoGeo stuff. I use FBA for CPS/NG games and let Mame handle the rest! And yes, the roms will in all likelihood be identical to the ones you already have :D

Like it was already implied, most "standalone" emulators use the same sets as MAME, with a few exceptions. MAME is also slower that most (if not all) standalone emulators. Of course, if you have a beastly system, this is a non-issue.

All the CPS systems are arcade hardware, first and foremost. Only the original CPS had a console-type variation, known as the CPS Changer.