worlds favorite OS - wat could it be?

my favorite operating system that I have is... drumroll... wait for it... Windows Vista!!!

yep. that right. vista. prettier than xp - almost as pretty as mac osx leopard.

more cool features. search from the start menu. more advanced file copying/moving options cool sidebar with clock and other tools.

wat i hate about it is that the settings are so harder to set. i have to look everywhere to look for haw to set something. So frichen stoopid!!!

also it takes fudging forever to set up!!! just like XP!!! i shall murder bill gates tomorrow!!!! (not really but he is voted by me public enemy #2)

however, mac osx leopard is SO much better!! I used a laptop with it. it got a cool camera and photobooth program. works out of the box. i has so many programs. i just love the concept of only one task bar for all the windows. it is mega useful for media tasks. windows is mega useful for sucking ass.

I think you're on some cheap drugs, but ok......

Vista = Resource hog, bloated more than any other iteration of Windows and just plain a PITA to work with if you want to "get under the hood"

OSX.......don't get me started on this paid for, bastardized proprietary *nix flavor that not only oversimplifies everything, but somehow manages to make it complicated at the same time.

I think Windows sucks, but we're stuck with it because of the masses and software devlopers (Namely game developers). XP is the best iteration of Windows thus far.

If it wasn't for gaming, pick your favorite flavor of Linux and everything else can rot for all I care.

Vista = Resource hog, bloated more than any other iteration of Windows and just plain a PITA to work with if you want to "get under the hood"

OSX.......don't get me started on this paid for, bastardized proprietary *nix flavor that not only oversimplifies everything, but somehow manages to make it complicated at the same time.

I think Windows sucks, but we're stuck with it because of the masses and software devlopers (Namely game developers). XP is the best iteration of Windows thus far.

If it wasn't for gaming, pick your favorite flavor of Linux and everything else can rot for all I care.

i h8 linux. its fucl{ing cheap (free and crappy) as dirt. it messed up my computer and i had to delete GRUB loader. it will not frichen work. keeps a crashin'. someone told me he likes vista more than xp because xp is too comprimised.

by the way theres new windows 7 so its probably not a resource hog like you say vista is. vistas not too popular but you have no choice if you dont now :( about linux and other free :D operating systems.

i heard about windows 7 on the radio. wierd. i never really listen to the radio.

It's really hard to answer "no" to the question "Is this a troll?" when you just said...

my favorite operating system that I have is... drumroll... wait for it... Windows Vista!!!

:(:D

Edited by endoplasmic reticulum

It's really hard to answer "no" to the question "Is this a troll?" when you just said...

:(:D

lol further proves my point :punk:

by the way its cough medicine :(

I like vista OK. I don't have any problems with it. I liked XP better. Win7 seems like it's gonna be great. I uninstalled the beta cuz my PC started to crash like crazy.

Linux is just to hands on for my tastes. for someone who likes to tweak crap and have super control over their system and OS I can see the draw. but I could care less about that stuff at this stage. I just like a computer to work.

I haven't tried Leopard, my g3 would run like molasses on it. but I LOVE Tiger. I mean really LOVE Tiger. I have a G4 in route from ebay and I'll try Leopard on that.

I'm really becoming a mac guy. at this stage I don't care for PC gaming. I just want to turn on my computer and do what I do. Ease of use with out worries of blue screens, random crashes, virus' and spyware. and OSX is giving me that.

I'd have to say I like Windows Vista. Running Vista Ultimate x86-x64 right now.

I've been a Windows user for most of my computer days but I did start out on an old Mac before OSX was developed, and had to get reacquainted with Mac and learn OSX when I started working two years ago.

Yes, Vista requires resources to run most optimum, especially if you want to have Aero on.

But what it boils down to for me is not only how you use a computer but what you want from it.

Anyone can use a PC or a Mac to check email or listen to mp3's on Itunes so whatever, after that when it gets more personal it might boil down to looks and reliability, even superficially-speaking for trend indulging purposes like so many average users exhibit by jumping on the Macbook Pro bandwagon.

Macs are great for your coffee-house junkie/businessman or woman working as they meet clients/college student who can't sit at a computer desk for more than 20 minutes.

But me? I enjoy my gaming and addictive wares. Not only that, as a PC enthusiast I like buying my own hardware and setting up my own rig with my own third-party products (cases, power supply, memory, motherboard, fans, etc. etc.) vs Mac and its own hardware compliant OS.

"But you can virtually run XP on a Mac now" wtf so what? Why do I need two OS'?

In terms of the OS itself I like the windows taskbar. Its just easier for me having multiple windows or programs running and not having ALL of them open on my screen. Yes, you can minimize in OSX to that litte section in the lower right but its a pain in the ass to navigate constantly with all those dock shortcuts nearby. Expose yeah great, corner drag left and right, flipping windows oh no wait wrong corner wait maybe this corner ah there we go *click* oh wait I forgot to copy a line from that other window lets go back to that corner. Christ it's like digitally flipping through pages instead of with your hands.

I think Windows (Vista) looks nicer too.

Needless to say i'm not into Tiger or Leopard. Well... maybe the new dock with the fan and grid. That is pretty useful.

All in all, macs are great for your grandparents and your teenage daughter leaving you for college. Its stable, reliable (have you ever heard of someone having a virus problem on their mac?), nice to look at.

But a PC is where the freedom is. Whether its through Windows or Linux (any Ubuntu users here?).

I really can't wait for Windows 7 and its new taskbar. :shootem:

Edited by veristic