Processor 2.16GHz vs 2.0GHz ?

2eyez

So I bought a laptop from a retailer, it's a Dell Inspiron 1545(15 series). I checked Dell's website and found out that mine has a processor of 2.GHz and the one online has 2.0GHz. The online version is cheaper by 40 bucks. Is there a noticeable difference in the two processing power of .16GHz? Oh yeah, mine has a Dell Wireless 1397 WLAN Mini-Card and the other is a Intel WiFi Link 5100 802.11 Wireless-N Mini-Card. 54Mbps vs 450Mbps is a lot of difference to me. Should I return my back and get the one online? These are the only differences I found. Everything else is the same.

well I don't think you'd really notice any difference between 2.0 and 2.16ghz.

as far as the wireless goes... N is alot faster then G. but you need an N router to take advantage of that extra speed. not to mention that your internet connection is nowhere near as fast as G anyways. (I guess if you had FiOs you may get close to maxing you connection.) so all that bandwidth is wasted in everyday networking situations.

Let me point out that while "Your internet connection is not as fast as G anyway", that WiFi speeds are entirely theoretical and only look so nice on paper. I can't get the full 54Mbps out of G sitting right beside my router, and nobody can unless they were inside a room with the walls coated in aluminum.

With that said, Wireless N is a waste of money, G get's the job done fine. The only thing that sucks with A-G is trying to transfer large files between computers. Like moving 30GB of stuff from my laptop to my desktop upstairs, I started doing it and said "F**K THIS!" and took the laptop upstairs and plugged it right into the desktop. Wireless N isn't going to do much better in this situation either.

Thanks for the input. I think I will return this one and order hte one online and it is cheaper by 40 bucks. I might use that 40 bucks to changed the color from black to midnight blue. Color may not mean a difference to y'all but it does to me in a sense and I'm going to keep the computer for a long time too. Oh yeah, I do have access to a 16meg connection with an N router. I'll give it a shot.