CoinOps Ignite LightGun Games

cba.gy

A couple of things to remember with lightguns. Calibrating onscreen, when you calibrate corners and then the centre your arms must stay centre and only your wrist moves the gun so all calibrations come from a fixed point/angle.

After calibration you must sit or stand in exactly the same position for your calibration to be accurate.

CoinOps comes with premade configs. Most of these need altering for lightgun games. The easiest way to make a start with the configs is to look at the X, Y sensitivities. Most are way to low. I try them @ 100% and work backwards till the game feels confortable. Playing in widescreen is a no no. Set TV and CoinOps for 4:3 res for lightgun games it works best and accurate this way.

Some games require shooting off screen for re-load. If using a LED style gun then that cant't be done. So set cheats to unlimited ammo or auto re-load.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of things to remember with lightguns. Calibrating onscreen, when you calibrate corners and then the centre your arms must stay centre and only your wrist moves the gun so all calibrations come from a fixed point/angle.

After calibration you must sit or stand in exactly the same position for your calibration to be accurate.

CoinOps comes with premade configs. Most of these need altering for lightgun games. The easiest way to make a start with the configs is to look at the X, Y sensitivities. Most are way to low. I try them @ 100% and work backwards till the game feels confortable. Playing in widescreen is a no no. Set TV and CoinOps for 4:3 res for lightgun games it works best and accurate this way.

Some games require shooting off screen for re-load. If using a LED style gun then that cant't be done. So set cheats to unlimited ammo or auto re-load.

Thanks for the reply I appreciate it. Im using a 4:3 CRT , could the fact that I have a PAL xbox be a issue? 576i at 50hz?

where do I change the config settings, are there some lightgun specific ones I could download?

As far as 576i @ 50 hz is concerned ... i dont know. Never tried it !

If you have a modded xbox why run it @ 50hz anyway ?

Is it a limitation of your TV set ?

The configs are in the emulator in-game options menu (may have to "now" be enabled).

Can't remember off hand but i think its part of analogue controls or something.

Will "Maybe" have a look later for you properly.

Edited by cba.gy

• 2 weeks later...
As far as 576i @ 50 hz is concerned ... i dont know. Never tried it !

If you have a modded xbox why run it @ 50hz anyway ?

Is it a limitation of your TV set ?

The configs are in the emulator in-game options menu (may have to "now" be enabled).

Can't remember off hand but i think its part of analogue controls or something.

Will "Maybe" have a look later for you properly.

Thanks m8 , will have a bit more of a play and see how I go. BTW the chick is your avatar pic is awesome, who is it? :P