RROD!

L.S.D

Yeah, thats what I was thinking what if they just kept & fixed your console "guts" swapped a banned console with yours and just replaced it with your shell....anyhow I sent mine to be fixed too...the same thing better not happen to me...having a banned 360 is kinda pointless.

this is what they have posted on their repair site.....

"quote"

We have seen it all!

1. Towel Trick = Maybe will work for 1 week then go back to the ROD.

2. Overheating = Maybe will work for 1 week then go back to ROD.

3. Screws + Nylon Washers = Maybe will work for 1-3 weeks then go back to ROD.

4. Heatgun = Maybe will work for 2 weeks then go back to the ROD.

5.Penny Trick=Gay/pointless

I was wondering what other methods are there to fix a RRofD'd xbox? because the guy says he doesnt use the above methods posted....

what really sucks is I paid for 3 months of GOLD and then about 2 days after going on live my 360 dies out..so my subscriptions just going to waste .....uggghhhhhhhhh! flockin Bill Gates! :(

Argghh, damn it, I have to find another console :(

How do you know the people who work at those shops didn't replace your console with a banned console?

Because when we submit our console, we will check the serial no. at the back then record it down on the receipt. Then when I am getting back the machine, will check the serial again.

Better than no checking at all....

Yeah, thats what I was thinking what if they just kept & fixed your console "guts" swapped a banned console with yours and just replaced it with your shell....anyhow I sent mine to be fixed too...the same thing better not happen to me...having a banned 360 is kinda pointless.

this is what they have posted on their repair site.....

"quote"

We have seen it all!

1. Towel Trick = Maybe will work for 1 week then go back to the ROD.

2. Overheating = Maybe will work for 1 week then go back to ROD.

3. Screws + Nylon Washers = Maybe will work for 1-3 weeks then go back to ROD.

4. Heatgun = Maybe will work for 2 weeks then go back to the ROD.

5.Penny Trick=Gay/pointless

I was wondering what other methods are there to fix a RRofD'd xbox? because the guy says he doesnt use the above methods posted....

what really sucks is I paid for 3 months of GOLD and then about 2 days after going on live my 360 dies out..so my subscriptions just going to waste .....uggghhhhhhhhh! flockin Bill Gates! :(

I will vouch for the penny fix until the day I die, I did the pennys a year ago and that box is still going strong. the penny fix and x-clamp fix are the only 2 long term fixes out there. that dude is full of sh!t and most likely a scammer.

LSD didn't you get banned with the rest of us before the RROD?

LSD didn't you get banned with the rest of us before the RROD?

I don't know. My LIVE expired just before the ban commenced. And my internet was down due to moving house so can't verify.

my guess is you were then. do what I did and sell the one thats banned to someone who doesn't care. get a refurb and mad it again. I guess you can get new and fight with modding the new lite-on drive.

my guess is you were then. do what I did and sell the one thats banned to someone who doesn't care. get a refurb and mad it again. I guess you can get new and fight with modding the new lite-on drive.

I am thinking of that, but BK did give me another idea yesterday.

Buy the new Arcade version and keep both. SO if i want to go online, play the unmodded one with original games and play the modded one with pirated games :(

The only problem is to cough up the money for a new one......

• 1 year later...

Argghh, damn it, I have to find another console :D

How do you know the people who work at those shops didn't replace your console with a banned console?

Because when we submit our console, we will check the serial no. at the back then record it down on the receipt. Then when I am getting back the machine, will check the serial again.

Better than no checking at all....

I know this is an old post, but did you check to see if the serial matches the one that is in the settings firmware? The serial number is in in a few places. The outer shell is pointless.