Err wtf.........

ken_cinder

So I'm on here setting up my new MAME box (And of course alot more than MAME) when I get done with the hardware aspects, and I go to grab the latest SDLMame.

And I get this.........

This Account Has Been Suspended

Please contact the billing/support department as soon as possible.

;)

http://rbelmont.mameworld.info/?page_id=163

So I'm on here setting up my new MAME box (And of course alot more than MAME) when I get done with the hardware aspects, and I go to grab the latest SDLMame.

And I get this.........

This Account Has Been Suspended

Please contact the billing/support department as soon as possible.

:unsure:

http://rbelmont.mameworld.info/?page_id=163

It looks like MameWorld.info forgot to pay their monthly hosting payment or exceeded their monthly bandwith quota. Perhaps someone can send R. Belmont (or any other hosted mame developers, etc.) an e-mail for us to host him a mirror? :P

I need a Win32 binary of 0.128 (No u please) and googling is getting me nowhere.

I'm sick of playing with modelines in Linux to achieve the 15khz resolutions I need, I gave up and went back to Windows, and I DO NOT want to set a damn toolchain up on Windows just to compile this from source, I'd rather wipe and reinstall Linux than EVER compile anything in Windows again.

mameworld.info crashed about 2 days ago, for a while there was response at all, and today the account suspended message appeared.

That means the main MAME forum for the world is down, together with the mameui, misfitmame and mame plus forums.

R Belmont, Haze among others are therefore down as well.

Mame binaries can probably be got from Emu-France or EmuHQ.

oh, compiling in Windows is fine, I do all my Misfitmame development in XP, and its all perfectly good.

mameworld.info crashed about 2 days ago, for a while there was response at all, and today the account suspended message appeared.

That means the main MAME forum for the world is down, together with the mameui, misfitmame and mame plus forums.

oh, compiling in Windows is fine, I do all my Misfitmame development in XP, and its all perfectly good.

Well, if any of you guys can get in contact with them, I'm serious and that I am more than willing to host them. It takes about 5 minutes to setup an account for someone on sitename.1emu.net. I wouldn't be surprised if they already got a few other hosting offers though. But it's still worth a shot!

I know it's fine, I'm just not setting everything up to compile MAME. Too much work for little use.

I dropped SDLMame anyway. For some reason it can't create a Vertex Object Buffer (It did just fine in Linux with the EXACT same video card) in OpenGL mode. Not running in software mode.

Computer is significantly faster though, so vanilla MAME in D3D with switchres 320x240@60 is perfect.

Yes, 320x240, you read that right. Running PC on 15khz standard res arcade monitor. 640x480 works, but isn't as crisp looking, and anything higher is interlaced.

I just wish I could figure out how to get my monitors to go into medium res mode. Documentation says they are dual mode, but I can't get it to work. :S

Well, if any of you guys can get in contact with them, I'm serious and that I am more than willing to host them. It takes about 5 minutes to setup an account for someone on sitename.1emu.net. I wouldn't be surprised if they already got a few other hosting offers though. But it's still worth a shot!

The man in charge of the forum is Twisty, that's the one with the mame samples site.

Unfortunately I don't know how to contact him outside of his forum.

R.Belmont has a couple of forums over at Richard Bannister's, and I'd imagine he's already got a mirror somewhere. I'll go over there and see what his arrangements are.

Haze & the rest probably don't care being off the air for a while, they rarely update anything.