Far Cry 2

Gryph

Ever since the first video for this game I have been quite excited for it. It just went gold today and I pre-ordered it off Steam so I'm ready to play it. If it's as open world and free-form as they make it out to be then I'm in for a real treat. Plus it has awesome explosions.

Anyone else hyped for it and plan on getting it?

I caught a clip of this game and It reminded me of "Black."

Ill probably get a dodgy download.

Well think of black... meets the open area... similar to oblivion. There were invisible walls all over the place in the first one.

Am I excited... yea and no. Open free roaming?... definite upgrade. But I'm getting sick of games that don't deliver. Will this be the same?

What's odd is that this game is pretty much nothing like Far Cry 1 outside of open spaces. Everything from the gameplay, setting, scope, plot, etc. is different. I don't think it should be named Far Cry 2 but I guess it already is an established brand name and they paid good money for it so might as well use it.

I seen a few clips on tv last night, is there no "manimal" angle this time? it looks more like mercenaries / just cause in fps form.

I seen a few clips on tv last night, is there no "manimal" angle this time? it looks more like mercenaries / just cause in fps form.

Nope, no trigens or mutated beasts. It's a purely human story about weapon's trade and shit in Africa. I think it's trying to be more serious than Mercenaries and more open with the story structure.