Video Gaming: The 7th Generation

Even if I don't have a Wii, I hope this system will win this generation. Sony deserves to be deleted from the gaming market :P

Why exactly are you so adamantly going against Sony ever chance you get? I'm curious, as I don't remember seeing you present any kind of further arguments other than "Sony should be deleted etc."

EDIT Ah yes, seeing how you come off as a rabid Sega/Dreamcast fanboy, it's no surprise that you'd blame the whittling of the Dreamcast's mainstream popularity on Sony.

They got all these big RPG developers because they had (and still) extremely a lot of money, and they had nothing to do with video games before. Seeing how Nintendo lost many great franchises from the SNES to N64 is depressing.

It was Sega's fault for putting quantity over quality.

so Sega didn't put quality with Sonic Adventure, Shenmue, Samba de Amigo, Skies of Arcadia, Chu Chu Rocket, Phantasy Star Online, Jet Set Radio, Crazy Taxi, Space Channel 5 and Rez?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if I don't have a Wii, I hope this system will win this generation. Sony deserves to be deleted from the gaming market :P

Why exactly are you so adamantly going against Sony ever chance you get? I'm curious, as I don't remember seeing you present any kind of further arguments other than "Sony should be deleted etc."

EDIT Ah yes, seeing how you come off as a rabid Sega/Dreamcast fanboy, it's no surprise that you'd blame the whittling of the Dreamcast's mainstream popularity on Sony.

They got all these big RPG developers because they had (and still) extremely a lot of money, and they had nothing to do with video games before. Seeing how Nintendo lost many great franchises from the SNES to N64 is depressing.

so Sega didn't put quality with Sonic Adventure, Shenmue, Samba de Amigo, Skies of Arcadia, Chu Chu Rocket, Phantasy Star Online, Jet Set Radio, Crazy Taxi, Space Channel 5 and Rez?

That statement was generated from Sega's over abundance of add-ons.

The Saturn early-release and then early-abandonment is the real issue.

With the Dreamcast they did alright, both hardware- and software franchise-wise... it was just too late.

The add-ons were poor marketing decisions and I'd almost consider the Saturn one big useless failure of an add-on, rather than a system of its own. It is the only one I've really had no interest in emulating.

Even if I don't have a Wii, I hope this system will win this generation. Sony deserves to be deleted from the gaming market :thumbsup1:

Not even important. They were putting new, fresh and quality titles.

Even if I don't have a Wii, I hope this system will win this generation. Sony deserves to be deleted from the gaming market :thumbsup1:

Not even important. They were putting new, fresh and quality titles.

Not even important? Not important enough that it made Sega lose a large amount of it's money and consumers?

All these arguments will be rendered pointless by this: own every console and stop bitching about which is better, because then you'll have access to everything :lol:

That's no fun, then we can't argue. Besides, that crap is expensive.

Piracy Killed the Dreamcast

And it didn't kill the PSX, PS2 and X360? In fact, piracy DID kill the N64 because you can't PIRATE it.

That's the only console killed by piracy.