Help identify Street Fighter 2 II CE Koryu Toryu or Rainbow?

So I think it was back in 1993 in Oxford, England when I was 14, I saw this crazy sf2 bootleg version, and I've always wondered what it was. I've looked through *every* mame/fba/nebula rom and still haven't found it!! As far as hacks go, this was a beauty, and I think its just an upgrade to koryu, but am not sure. Has anyone seen this or know the exact version/name?

I could only find one youtube video.

Here is what I remember:

1. The characters constumes were hacked. Ken had a pig nose.

2. Ken's shoryuken spat fireballs but with light punch he would still only jump a little. (in every hack version on Mame he always jumps like a fierce). So you could dragon dance the enemy to death if they guarded.

3. I am pretty sure the game was sped up like Turbo.

4. No charge, unlimited fireballs, air walk, tiger flame etc etc etc all present.

Any help would be appreciated!!!

I would even buy the physical ROM if anyone has it.

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me find this thing :shootem:

FBA is open source, someone could easily add the drivers for it. You can compile it yourself to support it.

• 2 months later...
Guest justindrops

long time ago when I was a kid, I used to play Street fighter hack version on arcade, I would say it was 3x more fun playing it rather than the regular version...

my favorite version was the one that ryu/ken can throw 2 fireballs with one houdoken..

the spinning kick was furious and quite long and also you can climb to the air every time you pull special move on the mid air...

I played koryu version on the arcade too but it was a bit imbalanced from the one that I mention

3 years ago I bought this bootleg cd which has all these SF2 rom hacks, but I already lost the cd :)

Edited by justindrops

Guest justindrops

alright I just found a site where you can find all these sf hack roms

http://www.sfgalleries.net/sfmame/roms/

pay attention on the rom names and date...the date column tells you what kind of version of it...in order to download this stuff, all you do is copy the filename of the hack version that you like and search it via google.....

presto, enjoy downloading

• 1 year later...

I played this version in 1992.

I distinctly remember the color of the letters of the logo were: blue and green (as in Champion edition) and the decimal point was silver.

Ken and Ryu did double hadoken, shouryuken with multiple hadokens, it could change characters, disappearing characters, game without sound, was argued in the air, it was turbo, etc ...

I seek it for years, but this version is not dumped.

In jamma PCB calls himself "taiwan hack" or "yellow label edition", I think ...

I need new information about it, thanks.

• 2 months later...