Mario Kart Wii gets an 8.5 from IGN!

Alpha

I found Mario Kart 64 the best in the series, but to me thats because of the memories I have with it. I think the reason most people like the original best is because its the game that holds all there cherished "Mario Kart Goodness Memories" (There real you know).

When you talk about 'the original' are you talking about MK64?

I have memories playing Super Mario Kart and MK64 with my friends, and though we had loads of fun with them both, I've no doubt that SMK ****s on MK64 from a great height. Even when you take into account it being 2-player vs 4-player, MK64 is a dire game compared with its predecessor. I've played all the games in the series bar Double Dash, and MK64 just breaks so many of the things which were right about about SMK.

I think you're right though about people revering MK64 simply because of the 4-player fun they had with it. I guess it's similar to people lauding over FF7 as the best in the series, if not the best RPG ever, but really it was the first rpg they ever played and have never played any of the previous Final Fantasy games. The memories stick.

I never understood the love with cart games myself. but the snes version is the one I played the most.

I dunno what it means in mario cart but in surfing and skating its when someone shoots out infront of you to take your wave / line.

Can someone tell me what exactly "snaking" was? I guess I haven't played enough Mario Kart to be familiar with the term. :P

Snaking was a technique found in MKDS where you do multiple mini-turbo boosts in a row to gain a massive speed advantage. Apparently it was also in MK64 as well, but on a smaller scale.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4422514278785769760 Snaking or as Nintendo calls it "Mini Turbo" tutorial.

It also utterly killed the online aspect of the game.

Also if anyone wants to have a race (or a fight in smash bros) feel free to drop me a PM, it will be on...LIKE DONKEY KONG BIAATTCCHHH!!

Edited by emwearz