Exp44 is wrong

basilbr

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exp44 you are wrong, beat em ups are better than shoot em ups!

You are incorrect, sir. Shoot em ups require dexterity, reflex, memory and an agile mind... beat em ups just require a few beers and a set of joints that haven't yet calcified.

By the way I took this as Raiden vs. Final Fight, not Doom vs. Street Fighter.

No wai man! They both have their strengths and weaknesses, but in the end, shoot em ups pwn beat em ups. Nothin like snipin' the snot out of noobs in COD4!

yeah but in street fighter2 if you use Dhalsim, youo get stretch armstrong limbs AND you can give people noogie's

Hmm... On the one hand, we have River City Ransom (win), Streets of Rage(meh), and Final Fight(good). On the other, we have Radio Zonde(angel murder win), Ikaruga(progressive win), and the Touhou series(shrine maiden win).

I'm gona have to say Shootemups are better.

Edit:

Call of Duty isn't a shootemup. It's an FPS (possibly TPS in 4's case. Haven't played it yet).

Street Fighter isn't a beatemup. It's a fighter or fighting game, whichever terminology you like.

Edited by Chibi Kami

@Chibi Kami

And those are all games I have never heard of. But I'm glad to have you and BK on my side - and to add to what BK said, shoot em ups require true skill or extreme luck to master, while quite a few beat em ups simply require button mashing in order to pass some levels.

Also as for COD4 being a shoot em up, you have to define shoot em up.

Edited by Exp44

You are incorrect, sir. Shoot em ups require dexterity, reflex, memory and an agile mind... beat em ups just require a few beers and a set of joints that haven't yet calcified.

By the way I took this as Raiden vs. Final Fight, not Doom vs. Street Fighter.

Well to match those requirements, gonna have to include 1v1 beat em ups, though i could argue river city ransom -after you've bought alot of moves- calls on those things too.

but anyway yeh tekken6 and virtua fighter5 require heaps of dexterity, reflexes and memory, plus if u can't keep up you're gonna be deaded quick

In the name of a properly conducted argument soon to turn flame war, please stipulate that you, basilbr are favoring fighting games, not beatemups, and that you, Exp44, are favoring, from what I can tell, 1st and/or 3rd person shooters, not shootemups.

The differences between these genres are vast and many.

In the name of a properly conducted argument soon to turn flame war, please stipulate that you, basilbr are favoring fighting games, not beatemups, and that you, Exp44, are favoring, from what I can tell, 1st and/or 3rd person shooters, not shootemups.

The differences between these genres are vast and many.

Thank you for voicing reason here.