So this just hit me

Some KoF fan I am. People were talking here and there about KOF98UM and I wrote it off as some random mugen game...

Found this in the process, sorry if it's been reposted

Yeah, the game's existence sorta just hit me...

Is it just me, or have they added HSDMs in it as well? If that's the case, then this game is the best KoF ever. None of that XI crap...

Best KOF game is 98. Since, ever. Followed by 2k2 and XI.

I believe they did change MAX Mode up, not completely sure. I haven't read the beta reports yet. Other then a few noticables that Geese's Deadly Rave is auto combo now (gay) and they changed up Kasumi.

While I enjoyed the button mashing that ensued with the Deadly Rave, it's still not fair to anyone to spend 2 or 3 power stocks for a very powerful super only to have it fail because they couldn't button mash properly. The change is welcome. And I hope to God they didn't make Kasumi a charge character. What changes are there to her?

While I enjoyed the button mashing that ensued with the Deadly Rave, it's still not fair to anyone to spend 2 or 3 power stocks for a very powerful super only to have it fail because they couldn't button mash properly. The change is welcome.

Making something that's hard to do with a great pay off into something that's easy to do and still has a great pay off has removed a few things that made Deadly Rave so great. It's flexibility as a combo starter and it's damage. Making it an auto combo, combined with ease of doing it, high damage and decent start up can lead to very disasterious things. As such, it is no longer a high risk super/high reward super to use, just an No Risk/High Reward super. Similarly to Chun-Li's Hyoukousen. No risk/High Reward.

Is this on the old Neo Geo hardware or the new Taito-X?

Taito Type X^2 I believe. One of the Type X systems.

The graphic still look like it is using the old Neo Geo hardware though :P

Well since all the footage we've seen are crap. I'd assume that as well. It's like SF2HDRMIX. New Mode and Classic Mode, with Classic Mode literally being the old game and New Mode being all the new art assets.

Hardware mofo coming to you. No such thing as X2 (Is X+, I know...I'm being picky, but X+ is just upgraded X hardware).

This is running on standard X fare.

Thank you, come again!

No one knows which type of Type X it's running on. What's it running INSIDE of it since it's upgradable. Similarly to why no one knows the official specs for SF4 since they could be maxing out for all we know. Since both X and X+ are upgradable per game, ???? is wtf inside.