Microsoft email prepares workers for Yahoo takeover

Jitway

Microsoft is up to its bad self again.

A Microsoft executive on Friday sent workers an upbeat email outlining a vision of how the software giant expects to take over Yahoo and merge the companies' cultures and resources.

Yahoo spurned Microsoft's 44.6-billion-dollar bid for the veteran Internet firm on February 11. Microsoft is reportedly planning a hostile takeover bid if Yahoo's board of directors doesn't change its mind.

In a message to employees, Microsoft platform and services division president Kevin Johnson shared "a perspective of the process going forward."

This is so like them to try to bully their way in. They don't wanna sell we will just take it away. But when you got Bill's money I guess you can do anything and get away with it.

Full story HERE

Edited by Jitway

Sorry to burst your bubble Davis, but MS buying Yahoo won't make a dent in Google's market.

I REALLY don't see why MS would have even offered such a ridiculous amount of money to them in the first place, and for Yahoo to shoot it down saying they feel it undervalues them is even worse. Microsoft had offered something like near double share value, and for them to shoot down the offer in such a hostile manner just begs for a hostile takeover in return.

What those of you don't understand that are complaining (And I don't mean just here, I've read about this elsewhere), is practices like this are commonplace, and I will bet you large sums of money that at least ONE company you know and "respect" has undertaken this practice before. Business is business, get over it.

Sorry to burst your bubble Davis, but MS buying Yahoo won't make a dent in Google's market.

I REALLY don't see why MS would have even offered such a ridiculous amount of money to them in the first place, and for Yahoo to shoot it down saying they feel it undervalues them is even worse. Microsoft had offered something like near double share value, and for them to shoot down the offer in such a hostile manner just begs for a hostile takeover in return.

What those of you don't understand that are complaining (And I don't mean just here, I've read about this elsewhere), is practices like this are commonplace, and I will bet you large sums of money that at least ONE company you know and "respect" has undertaken this practice before. Business is business, get over it.

I aggree on hte last paragraph.

Also, I still want to see it happen, whether or not it makes a dent is up to micro, but I want to see what happens :clapping:.