Virtua Fighter 5 R

Wizard

VF remix/upgrades are basically different games from what I have come to understand...

I don't think so. I don't even think they have enough in them to be considered 'expansion packs'.

Wow, you have no idea what you are talking about. You obviously have not played VF4/VF4 evo.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VF remix/upgrades are basically different games from what I have come to understand...

I don't think so. I don't even think they have enough in them to be considered 'expansion packs'.

Wow, you have no idea what you are talking about. You obviously have not played VF4/VF4 evo.

Yes well, Virtual Fighter 4: Evolution happens to be one of the few exceptions. Love the game, the hard-as-nails timing notwithstanding.

Said like a true VF fan. No matter how you slice it, there isn't enough content to call it a new game. It's as simple as that.

Getting into whether updates between VFs themselves are too minor and incremental to even be called new games themselves is another issue, but you can probably guess how I feel on that topic too.

Said like a true VF fan. No matter how you slice it, there isn't enough content to call it a new game. It's as simple as that.

Getting into whether updates between VFs themselves are too minor and incremental to even be called new games themselves is another issue, but you can probably guess how I feel on that topic too.

The amount of effort AM2 puts into a VF update is twice the amount of effort Namco puts into a sequel. Basically the same can be said about T6. T6= an update of Tekken 5.

No I am not talking like a true VF fan, I saying that because I have played the hell out of both VF4 and VF4 EVO. You obviously have not. An update in a VF game is on par if not better then a sequel when compared to other fighting games. Basically an update in a VF game is sequel quality with the same graphics engine.

Once again, if you actually played VF4 then played VF4 EVO then you will know how much the game was improved and changed.

Remember you're talking to someone who thinks T6 is practically T5.6. I also laugh at other fighting game updates- I just made a thread in SPAM about GGXX^C+ and what a joke that is.

You can't say VF updates are as good as new games because other fighting series put little to no effort into sequels. I agree with you on that point. I'm saying in the wider view of things a new VF or a new fighting game in any series for that matter is like taking pathetic baby steps forward and not really changing anything.

On expansion packs, 2 new characters and a quest mode barely qualifies. I say that's a patch, not an expansion pack. Again, the content just isn't there. Just because you're able to squeeze every last drop of satisfaction from the VF4Evo additions does not make them significant ones in any grander sense.

Well they are gameplay changes first and for most. And we've seen it all with SF2, but it's not 1991-1994 anymore. Theres a reason to patching has become so good, but even then, Sega did support patching process for VF5, infact, it's how patching was done if the arcade operator already have VF5, Sega would release patches and it would be stored on the harddrive in conjunection with it being reguarly aviable as upgrade discs as well, which is swapping out the disc completely with an updated version. Sad part is arcades aren't big in West areas. There are really alot of drastic diverse changes, and that is what is expected with VF5R.

GGXX > GGXX #Reload Red + Blue

Alot of things were changed and fixed, including changing Robo-Ky's meter.

#Reload > Slash

BOY, ALOT OF THINGS WERE CHANGED. I stress this because alot of crap you could do Reload were either removed competely or was severly crippled

Slash > Accent Core + Accent Core PLUS

Whatever was changed in Slash, was returned to #Reload and revamped with Slash changes/modifications. They also re-recorded all the voices. Accent Core PLUS thankfully is just a bunch of bug fixes. Similar from #RRed to #RBlue.

yeah i will give it to sega with VF series the revisions have been good ,but like BK said they intentionally do a realease with the anticipation of selling the revisions. thats just a lil flocked up but its a business they gotta make that bank too. and most of us here will get the patch paying or otherwise for the 360. im just a fighting game fan, even though i really dont care for vf much at all i still got vf4 and evo when they came out on day one, i could kick my self now waste of a 100 bux. and vf5 still havent played it in months it just looses it glamour with me for some reason, im more excited about sf4 and kof XII than this vf revision, hell i will take it one further and say im looking fwd to the new 3dish samurai showdown lol.

We are talking about VF5 not GG

I'm only using it as a compairson to justify some of everyone's complaints between weather it should be a xpac or just little bitty tweaks.