emulation on 360/possibilities.

fumanchu

i know emulation isnt happenig on 360,but this topic is more to do with what if?

with the specs the 360 has im sure emulation like mame and snes wont be a problem.now im sure a lot of people on this site has messed around with saturn and dreamcast emulation(ps i know its not been perfected yet)so could the 360 handle saturn and dreamcast emulation with the specs it has,as ive never tried myself.

what do you guys/gals think? :naughty:

In theory, it is possible if they had access to all the cores, ram and GPU memory emulation wise. How good would it be is totally up in the air.

In theory, it is possible if they had access to all the cores, ram and GPU memory emulation wise. How good would it be is totally up in the air.

if you were access to that horsepower it could be doable.

so are the specs people are using on their pc to play saturn/dreamcast emulation,better than 360 or less?

just curious. :naughty:

if you were access to that horsepower it could be doable.

so are the specs people are using on their pc to play saturn/dreamcast emulation,better than 360 or less?

just curious. :naughty:

For the most part, specs play second, it's how well someone programs the way CPU properly emulates the original console's native CPU. If someone programmed a C2D version of the PCSX2(and I believe the team has done it) it would no doubt run much better on a C2D CPU than the older Intel P4 CPUs.

So if you were programming a Saturn emulator for a PowerPC CPU (aka 360), they'd need to make sure to get the processing right. It would be very doable, as we've seen with the 360. Playing emulated Xbox titles.

PS3 would be more viable as it can runs linux and people already have access to 4-5 cores (I know 4 are locked out). But the PS3 requires more guessing due to how each core handles processing. (which I've said in a different thread).

ok thanks for that wizard.

i think we will see proper emus that use the full potential of the ps3 first before the 360,linux is a start in the right direction,im sure some sort of exploit will be found in time for both machines.

just have to play the waiting game.

I doubt any hardcore programming is going to happen on the PS3 anytime soon because its so complicated to program for. Damn Cell chip. If it does get fully figured out and some people with some real good coding skills decide to make some stuff it has a lot of potential.

The 360 is sort of a pain in the ass because it uses a PowerPC CPU, but at least thats somewhat familiar to people because its what Macs used to use. It probably isn't TOO far off from happening (I'm pretty sure I recall seeing some beta software or at least a demo of something) and they could pull of some impressive stuff on this machine too.