"BIT" WHat!?

Shoma

OKay, Im gonna get axures but im wondering\... I cant find the files my bittorrent is d/ling so i can transfer it to Azueres..

IS there a folder where all the bittorent saved data go?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

uTorrent doesn't spy on you anymore. it was just

"Advertisements

In early versions, Strigeus had built in a web redirection via http://nanotorrent.com/ for search queries entered through the search bar that displayed advertisements in a frame on the web browser. Some users thought this suspicious because tracking could be implemented by recording the IP addresses of those downloading/receiving the advertisements, and the search functionality could easily be used to track user queries through whichever web-interface the client is going through to execute the search. After a short trial period, the advertising was disabled, mitigating possible concerns. Here is a quotation from the official forum administrator "Firon":

“ There's no data collected, it's just used to display ads for certain keywords ...

It was used as a domain instead of being integrated into the client so the ad thing could be turned off later easily if the response to it was negative. Also, it may be used in the future to provide a "search all sites" feature.

A later version of the software has, instead of ads, a "search all sites" feature, which is a keyword-based search bar that delivers listings of torrent files at different trackers. A frame at the top displays advertisements (server-side) in the browser when the search function is used. In version 1.5, no ads are present in the program itself.

As of build 463, a redirect bypass feature became available in the Advanced options."

quoted from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UTorrent

it's different for each proggie. I'd just let those files finish on your current client.

Azureus crashed my computer and forced me to reinstall my OS 2 years ago.

It's also very heavyweight, bloated and eats up alot of memory. uTorrent is lightweight, barely even touches my memory consumption and does the job quickly and stylishly. also it's the one client accepted by everyone at the moment.

I use azureus mainly and have sometimes used ares, they are fine, what I like from azureus is that it lets you download single files from the whole torrent archive, dunno about other torrent programs

All programs should let you download single files from the torrent. :shootem: