"BIT" WHat!?

Shoma

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The situation has not changed since then, BitComet and BitLord are forever banned until they change their unfair filesharing ways

uTorrent IS banned on some private trackers, Why?

That whole privacy issue thing, Versions 1.6.something and above where banned for a long time, Once everyone stopped being paranoid and everyone found out what it was many trackers unbanned it, but some still have it banned from then, and probably just haven't gotten around to unbanning it yet. This is a small number of trackers, but can still be a pain in the ass.

I use azureus mainly and have sometimes used ares, they are fine, what I like from azureus is that it lets you download single files from the whole torrent archive, dunno about other torrent programs

All programs should let you download single files from the torrent. :o

haaaaa no idea, i use it mainly to download linux ISOs ;)

Ares is dead, Last time I tried to use it you get next to no results, all that comes up is crap, the speeds aren't what they used to be either.

DC is awesome if you know some good rooms (Is Romster Hub still up?, that place was the crap back in the day)

How is eMule? Last time I used it was when all the raids where going on and all the good servers got shut down, is it back to its former glory?

Firstly, I think Gryph is confusing eMule over eDonkey. eDonkey was utter crap. eMule is great, and you can find lots of rare stuff over ed2k. Just grab it and a list of servers from eMule's site and it's still great, speeds are decent. ed2k still has its say on the P2P scene.

But the last thing you should use is crap like eMule.

I can agree with that.

I think I used eMule many many years ago, only to delete it after 30 minutes. And all the servers are run by Germans. True effin' story.