Phillips CD-I emulator

I wonder what cpu that system uses. /me goes and looks.

*Edit*

It's a motorola 68k -- same that's in CPS1/2, NeoGeo, and Genesis. ^^

I wonder...

*Edit*

I wonder...

Not compatible, CD-i uses custom Philips 68070, Neo uses in most cases a TMP68HC000 which would only be backwards software compatible (The CD-i's CPU is faster clocked 15.5 versus 12, so you could theoretically use it's chip in a Neo by splitting the clock, but not reverse) and the Genesis has a slower clocked CPU as well, but a generic off the shelf m68k @ 7.67mhz. So technically speaking, the CD-i is more powerful......I'm not sure what your "I wonder" is in reference to.

*Edit*

I wonder...

Not compatible, CD-i uses custom Philips 68070, Neo uses in most cases a TMP68HC000 which would only be backwards software compatible (The CD-i's CPU is faster clocked 15.5 versus 12, so you could theoretically use it's chip in a Neo by splitting the clock, but not reverse) and the Genesis has a slower clocked CPU as well, but a generic off the shelf m68k @ 7.67mhz. So technically speaking, the CD-i is more powerful......I'm not sure what your "I wonder" is in reference to.

I'm not some noob that undertakes projects he knows he can't do.

If the x70's dma & extra opcodes are at all documented it's not a problem to extend FBA's Musashi 68k core.

The really difficult stuff would be adding drawing, irqs, CD-ROM, and sound (which wouldn't be horribly bad if they are documented.)

The "I wonder..." was referencing to my curiosity about the availability of hardware docs.