Asus Eee Laptop ... is it worth it?

Alpha

Asus Eee  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So, then I will have 2 mini's....You do't have to choose with a price like that, just get both and choose which one you will take along depending on your mood that day.

Or: I can just wait and wait and wait till somewhere in 2053 the super computer is invented :thumbsup1:

Get in touch- buying both is still stupid when they cost as much as they do and essential do the same thing.

And you could wait until 2053 if you're a moron, or just wait 2 months and get a processor that actually works well, since the current VIA one clearly does not.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, then I will have 2 mini's....You do't have to choose with a price like that, just get both and choose which one you will take along depending on your mood that day.

Or: I can just wait and wait and wait till somewhere in 2053 the super computer is invented :thumbsup1:

Get in touch- buying both is still stupid when they cost as much as they do and essential do the same thing.

And you could wait until 2053 if you're a moron, or just wait 2 months and get a processor that actually works well, since the current VIA one clearly does not.

It all depends on what you want to do with it....For me mostly the size counts. If they come up with a 5" which still works properly I might want to have that to...It's perfect for installations and easy to build in.

And I'm just blessed that I'm working somewhere where I get most of those things for free (or with a major discount) so I can experiment with it.

So when I can get my hands on the new 900 I will write a complete list with do's and dont's about the EEE :clapping:

• 2 weeks later...

the Eee 901 with atom is supposed to hit real soon. but it is gonna cost around $600. I also here the other models will get a price cut at that time. if the Eee 700 surf goes down to $250 I see no reason not to get one to mess with.

From Engadget

As you know, Asus will be announcing its Atom-based 8.9-inch Eee PC 901 and 10-inch 1001 tomorrow at Computex. However, the more obscure WiMax Expo show has already kicked off featuring a WiMax-enabled Eee PC 901. While the WiMax version won't ship until later (for obvious reasons), the 901 models at the show are being displayed in both black and white models based on a 1.6GHz Atom processor with 1GB of memory, Bluetooth, WiFi, memory card slot, and a 20GB SSD for Linux builds or 12GB SSD for Windows. Oh, and the 1.14-kg laptop features a 4- or 6-hour battery life depending upon battery selected. As to the older Eee PCs, ASUS' CEO said they'll be cutting prices on those which makes the Celeron M 701 and 900 models all the more attractive.

the mini notebook category is starting to get pretty crowded but they are all missing the point. the mini notebooks need to be cheap. like in the $250~450 range. the $600~1200 range is already crowded with small notes that kick butt.

the main problem with the Eee is small Hard drive. if they would just give up on SSD for now and go to a regular drive. the Eee would be alot more attractive.

the price of Eee is gettin higher and higher. i would get the msi wind instead but I'm gonna wait for reviews since I don't trust msi

the price of Eee is gettin higher and higher. i would get the msi wind instead but I'm gonna wait for reviews since I don't trust msi

yeah the latest EEE 1000 is gonna be like $650. for that you can get a decent dell or whatever. The $300 Eee surf is the only one fairly attractive due to its price.

Eee Surf's specs make me go eeeeek. They need to keep the price low if they want to sell more of these units. No more than $500 IMO. $650 is way out of line.

I recently discovered you can get refurbished G3 and G4 12 inch ibooks for under 350. those would run circles around the Eee I'm about to get a 12 inch ibook g3 for 200 bucks just to use as a web browser by the couch.

I recently discovered you can get refurbished G3 and G4 12 inch ibooks for under 350. those would run circles around the Eee I'm about to get a 12 inch ibook g3 for 200 bucks just to use as a web browser by the couch.

Oh, wow. Now that would be good for someone like me who wouldn't invest over 1k on an Apple Laptop. Got a link to these deals?