Snow Fall `07

Wizard

Yeah...It doesn't snow in Orlando Florida.....It gets cold enough sometimes, but it never snows, ever. I wish it did. :)

It has snowed once, here in Central Florida that I can remember. Melted as it hit the ground.... was extreemly light.

For some god-forsaken (and possibly global warming affiliated) reason, we have no snow. It's cold, but no snow.

same here in scotland,there frost all over the ground,everything is just ice but no snow yet!

O WOW!!! Scotland? Awesome! Always wanted to visit, as I am 1/3 Scottish. No clue as to my family line though. Now I'm going to imagine an accent, when I read your posts...

Anyway, I guess I can't complain now. 2 nights ago, My window in the bedroom was open, and I was sweating. Reaperman asked me how the storm was, as he lives just north of me, and the cold front created an overnight storm. He said something about cold weather and I thought he was flocking around. Now my fingers are flocking frozen, and I gotta huddle when I get a cigarette outside. When your from a hot area, when it drops real quick, you really feel it. And on top of that, its Florida, and the humidity, makes the cold cut straight to the bone. My fingers are kinda numb, as I haven't turned on the heat. (save cash)

But yea, I guess I can't complain...

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll agree, when the weather changes quick it really catches you off guard. A few weeks ago it was fine but the night time temp has went down 10 or 15 degrees this week. also I have found here 32 will feel hella cold but up in the snow it's not so bad.

Yea, when I go up north, and its cold (not snow) people are all dressed warmly, but I'm comfortable in my regular (Florida attire) jeans and a shirt. And when some come down here, and it gets cold, they are surprised... The humidity cuts into you, same goes for the hot weather. Stayed it El Paso for a couple of summers, and the dry heat felt good, while everyone local, was complaining.

well belthasar i actually speak a lot of scottish slang words,and believe me you wouldnt understand a lot of it.its just the north east corner of scotland.so what was the family name of the scottish side of your family?

still freezing my buns off!!!!!

Edited by fumanchu

well belthasar i actually speak a lot of scottish slang words,and believe me you wouldnt understand a lot of it.its just the north east corner of scotland.so what was the family name of the scottish side of your family?

Sadly enough, I don't know. But, I'll ask my grandma, as she knows a great deal about that half of my family. But my father also had Scott in him, but I can't get that information easily. If I get some key names and dates, I could search my tree online.

Yea, I have heard various versions, of Scottish accent. Like Chutney, with the English, I saw someone speaking on tv, and I had to read the captions to understand her. And usually I don't need to read captions when someone has a thick accent. And yea... I know what you mean about slang... a few times, I had to ask "what" with certain customers. Being in Central Florida, there are alot of tourists. So we get alot of exposure.

I have always liked Scottish accent. So now you got me looking up clips on youtube. These particular guys, are weird, but I noticed, I didn't get all that they said.

So yea, it's 3 in the afternoon, and it hardly warmed up at all. No... I'm not going to complain, I don't have to shovel snow, but damn... gonna freeze my arse off tonight.

By the way... Flock the English. :)

Sadly enough, I don't know. But, I'll ask my grandma, as she knows a great deal about that half of my family. But my father also had Scott in him, but I can't get that information easily. If I get some key names and dates, I could search my tree online.

Yea, I have heard various versions, of Scottish accent. Like Chutney, with the English, I saw someone speaking on tv, and I had to read the captions to understand her. And usually I don't need to read captions when someone has a thick accent. And yea... I know what you mean about slang... a few times, I had to ask "what" with certain customers. Being in Central Florida, there are alot of tourists. So we get alot of exposure.

I have always liked Scottish accent. So now you got me looking up clips on youtube. These particular guys, are weird, but I noticed, I didn't get all that they said.

So yea, it's 3 in the afternoon, and it hardly warmed up at all. No... I'm not going to complain, I don't have to shovel snow, but damn... gonna freeze my arse off tonight.

By the way... Flock the English. :)

those guys were taking the piss.no one says och aye the noo thats just a sterotype.dont waste your time looking at those videos.

heres a little a little scottish for you.

"hoo are ye deein i day".

basically means how are you doing today.but its very easy to pick up if your not use to it.

say that to your girlfriend see if she knows what your saying and a proper accent please. :banghead:

oh yeah and its still cold.

your right about the english i think you must be about 3 quarters scottish now.

Edited by fumanchu