How to play a .NSV file

Fatal Rose

1. Download and install the new, X264 decoder using FFDSHOW codec-pack:

http://www.profibox.hu/shared/ffdshow-2006...sse-x264.nl.exe

2. Download and copy the nsvdec_x264.dll named file in the Program FilesWinampplugins folder:

ftp://ftp.profibox.hu/usr/profibox/pub/tmp/nsvdec_x264.dll

3. Configure the FFDSHOW (newly installed program)

- from the START menu of Windows, you need to find the codec config file (Something like: Start/Programs/ffdshow/VFW Codec configuration)

- Click the "Decoder" tab at the top

- Make sure you have 'Codecs' selected in the left

- From the list look for H.264 and right click on it

- Click "Set all stable formats to libavcodec"

- Press "APPLY" than "OK"

- Restart Winamp and you're ready to watch the fights

Had to do some of this.

If I see anyone recommending to download one of these Mega Codec packs again, I'll freak out and ban the world. Codec packs are a f**king plague! DO NOT recommend them, and furthermore......DO NOT use them!

What's so bad about them?

I'm a coder not a video watcher, so I'm not really in this kind of stuff, but I never had any problems with my codec pack, could play more videos than most of my friends and also enhance the video output.

I really like to have one pack installed than install 20 codecs for full video playback.

But if you can recommend a better solution, I'm listen to ya.

Codec packs cause conflicts and issues, do install those separate codecs. I'll never used those codec packs and I only have a few codecs installed, and I have yet to run into a video I couldn't play.

Mind you I also won't touch video types I know to be of poor quality etc, ie; Real Media or other proprietary junk.

When you install those codec packs, you don't know what you're getting, and they've been used to spread lots of nasty things too. Only once did I ever try using one, and it completely screwed my MP3 playback capabilities.