Trent Reznor + Saul Williams $5 DRM-free FLAC/320 kbps mp3 album

Gryph

Hello friends,

Saul Williams and Trent Reznor will be releasing an album on Nov. 1 called "The Inevitable Rise and Liberation of NiggyTardust." The big thing about this album is that it is $5 for a 320 kbps MP3 or FLAC (lossless) but totally free for 192 kbps mp3 version.

If you can spare $5, please support the cause of digital distribution of music: http://www.niggytardust.com/ (go to pre-order)

Saul Williams' music is like hip hop plus some industrial or something. It's pretty good stuff.

I read this article a few days ago where Reznor was horirfied at the prices fans were forced to pay for his and NIN's music. He confronted his record label's big wigs about this, and got them to admit that fans are "forced" to pay lots because Reznor's and NIN's image, and that everything related to Reznor and NIN is so high quality that fans will gladly pay premium.

Right.

This made Reznor tell these execs to just flock off, and at the same time, took away their free concert tickets.

A sample track was "leaked."

http://thepiratebay.org/tor/3858980

The reason I say "leaked" and not leaked is because during promotion for NIN's last album, Trent Reznor gave away a bunch of songs by leaving flash drives around and people uploaded it to torrent sites.

Also, this doesn't mean you can post any link to pirate bay, just in special circumstances.

I was thinking of posting this, but decided not too. Anyways, loved Saul's last album and can't wait to hear what Nigdust has in stored. Flacs for me baby.

Downloading the mp3s, planning to pay for the flacs after a run though. I want to listen to this on my CD player.