I'm Cold....

Bambi

Ya'll are worrying about the cold while my neck of the woods is worrying about forest fires. Kinda funny how different geographies bring about different issues.

Same here, some people close by had to evacuate.

Yeah my parents had to evac. And a friend of our receptionist at work, his house burned down to the ground.

Sorry to hear that man, hope everything turns out alright. All this happened in LA? What is the situation now with all this?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest veristic

Well the fires near my parents house and another one north of L.A. are 100% contained I believe, but the San Diego fires are still rampaging. 500,000 people evacuating? That's the highest on record to date for any Southern California city.

I just read an article about how firefighters from all over are coming to help, including prisoners. Saw a photo yesterday of exhausted firefighters in rows sleeping on the pavement sidewalks. It makes you wonder just how bad global warming is... or will be, or if its some form of organized arson. Because that would suck and if it is arson I hope those scumbags suffer.

Edited by veristic

I seriously think Global Warming is to blame for a lot of this. If any of you watch the "Inconvenient Truth" movie, you'll know what I'm talking about.

Anyway, it's always chilly here. I got two fire places in this house to keep me warm. Since the weather is so dry these days, I also got to put lotion on my knuckles. That's always the first part that starts cracking because of the kind of work I do on a daily basis. I will tell you one thing though, sex is a lot better in the cold than it is in the heat. Extreme heat is great for sex too, but nothing like the cold. Got to love human warming. :thumbsup1:

Now if I can figure out how to fix this heater I have underneath my desk. The damn thing has been broken for weeks and if I turn it on -- it blows this horrific burning smell. I probably got to buy a new one soon.

I seriously think Global Warming is to blame for a lot of this. If any of you watch the "Inconvenient Truth" movie, you'll know what I'm talking about.

Anyway, it's always chilly here. I got two fire places in this house to keep me warm. Since the weather is so dry these days, I also got to put lotion on my knuckles. That's always the first part that starts cracking because of the kind of work I do on a daily basis. I will tell you one thing though, sex is a lot better in the cold than it is in the heat. Extreme heat is great for sex too, but nothing like the cold. Got to love human warming. :P

Now if I can figure out how to fix this heater I have underneath my desk. The damn thing has been broken for weeks and if I turn it on -- it blows this horrific burning smell. I probably got to buy a new one soon.

Global warming is a MYTH! You tell me when it's so cold here these days that it can't snow (Yes, the temperature has to be warm, if you want to call it that, for it to snow) and your nostrils freeze together (I wear a ski mask walking down the street FFS!) being outside for 5 minutes, that global warming is real.

Global Warming is real, although it's also a natural occurence. As I said countless of times, it's an event that happens roughly every 250~300 years. Except with the output of emissions now adays, we've spead up the process to about 50 years.

Guest veristic

Anyway, it's always chilly here. I got two fire places in this house to keep me warm. Since the weather is so dry these days, I also got to put lotion on my knuckles. That's always the first part that starts cracking because of the kind of work I do on a daily basis. I will tell you one thing though, sex is a lot better in the cold than it is in the heat. Extreme heat is great for sex too, but nothing like the cold. Got to love human warming. :P

Global warming is a MYTH! You tell me when it's so cold here these days that it can't snow (Yes, the temperature has to be warm, if you want to call it that, for it to snow) and your nostrils freeze together (I wear a ski mask walking down the street FFS!) being outside for 5 minutes, that global warming is real.

Global warming doesn't make the cold areas of the world warm-up as if it were the same on the equator. Do some research because that seriously sounded hella ignorant.

Edited by veristic

Depending on where yoyu get your information from some believe it's real and other's don't.

The weathers been the same here where I live except for maybe 3 days of the year it's a bit colder. Summer's just as hot as it always was

Guest veristic

I'll just suggest to all you skeptics or on-the-fence people to watch An Inconvenient Truth. Merely because global warming doesn't directly affect your daily lives (as of yet) doesn't mean its blown out of proportion or a hoax. The evidence is sometimes subtle and sometimes blatantly obvious, it takes some self-educating to know how it really affects our world in ways that many people have no idea is happening. Watch the documentary, you owe it to yourselves to pay attention.

Edit: If some of you would like a short example of global warming and the possible effects of it worldwide, Antarctica's outer glaciers are receding (I think most notably in the eastern edges) where small pools scattered over large distancs like swiss cheese are forming on top of the ice as a result of warming temperatures. Scientists naturally believed the colder season's arrival would naturally re-freeze these pools back into ice. This was not the case. I forget the exact details of why but its a scientific explanation and the pools would not freeze for natural reasons. Instead, they wore down the ice creating deep holes of water sinking deeper and deeper, ultimately weakening the integrity of the ice itself further risking the glacial breakage creating more icebergs that will ultimately melt and raise water levels worldwide. The water levels haven't dramatically risen yet because the western shelf of Antarctica has not melted or broken off.

Edited by veristic