Recomendations for Older PC Games

Krosigrim

Apogee means quality to me. :P I have never been dissatisfied with a game released by them.

Shogo is an FPS created by Monolith who have made such other classics like Blood, No One Lives Forever, TRON 2.0, and FEAR. It's the only FPS that really nails huge mecharobot gameplay as well as on-foot gunplay. The mech guns are amazingly fun. It has a huge anime inspiration so if you're into anime then you'll appreciate that.

Well yea, sounds bad ass!! I'm all excited. It's better than Christmas......

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

..... I just did a search on Tyrian. Woah. The name wasn't familiar at all. Then I saw this.

Dosgamesarchive.com

I made connections with brain cells that haven't been used in ages. That game was indeed great. Then I started to remember using the Doom II level editor. What was that thing called? Then I remembered another game.... DESCENT!!!!

Dosgamesarchive.com

Remember that one? What about Terminal Velocity? Ohh but it sucked... NM.

Then I remembered Cobalt. It was kinda like Nam 1975, only worse. It's all coming back.

The good 'ole days

P.S. These games are shareware. But damn it... Descent plays at like 400% speed. Soon as an enemy sees me I'm blasted a few times. ARGH!

Oh .... L.S.D. .... Where not old yet...just the games we played. Better remember that.

Edited by Belthasar

The KMan named all the good ones. I can add:

Amok

Blood

Blood II

Chasm: The Rift

Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines

Darkstone

Deadlock 1 & 2

Death Rally

DethKarz

Divine Divinity

Duke Nukem 3d

Dungeon Keeper 1 & 2

Expendable

Extreme G-2

Fable

Heavy Gear series

Heretic series

Hexen series

Hyperblade

Jagged Alliance

Jazz Jackrabbit series

Mechwarrior 2

No Regret and No remorse

One Must Fall

Pitfall

Q Rally

Raptor

Requiem: Avenging Angel

Road Rash

Screamer 2

Screamer Rally

Serious Sam

Shattered Steel

Syndicate Wars

System Shock 1 & 2

But really play Thief 2 - I think it's the best FPS ever made (and that's a big claim for me, because I'm an Id Software fanboy). Also play Planescape: Torment, because I consider that to be the best RPG I have ever played. And Starcraft is the best RTS I have played, IMHO.

Edited by Chaotica

Everything's been named already. :P I'll throw in Masters of Magic, if you're looking for some really old DOS crap. I heard a rumor in a rumor that someone's going to be producing a second one after they finish what they're working on. I can only hope.

I have to thank everyone for the contribution!! Just what I needed.... Some very excellent titles. Some look really fun, It's a shame I didn't get a chance to play them when they were the new hotness.

There was one vintage game not mentioned that I liked, and that would be Daggerfall. Yea it's an eyesore, but it was good fun.

Alright. Good work everyone, now I have alot of games to research. If there is anything else anyone can think of, keep 'em coming.

O yea, I never got to check out the Thief games, they're made by the same guy who did Deus Ex, and that game is bad ass.

Edited by Belthasar