Nintendo DS Error 52100

Jimmyray

Hey guys,

I'm having trouble getting online with my NDS. I have a Wifi Max USB that I got from eBay and I'm picking it up at full three bars on my DS. I have manually entered Subnet Mask, IP address, gateway and everything, but I get back error code 52100 all the time. When I test the connsection I have 3 bars for about 1 minute, and then it drops dead and I get the message:

"Unable to connect to Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. Confirm connection settings and access point settings. For Help. visit www.nintendowifi.com. The site has not helped me much as I have a USB. I do have a modem that I use for my wii, could this be a problem? Is it anything to do with manually entering the WEP key? Does anybody know how to solve my problem? Thanks

~Jimmyray

From the Nintendo Wi-Fi webiste:

Our experience has shown that this error message is typically caused by a basic setting in your router, such as transmission rate. Please carefully read the instructions below:

* Check Nintendo's router info for special notes, if available, for your router.

1. Click here to go to our Wireless Router Configuration page.

2. Use the drop-down box on the left to select, if available, your router manufacturer.

3. Click on your router's model number, if available.

4. Read any "special notes" at the top of the router's page. Many issues can be solved by changing such things as the Transmission Rate or switching your WEP to Shared. Follow the instructions and test the connection.

* If the router is not listed on our pages, or has no suggested basic rate and transmission rate changes, log into the router, and check likely areas for the basic rate and transmission rate. (e.g., "Wireless Settings," "Advanced Wireless Settings," "Connection Rates" Change the basic rate to "1-2." Change the transmission rate to "2." (Make the change even if only one of those options is available). Test the connection.

* Another device may be sharing the same I.P. address of the DS. Try manually assigning an IP address to your Nintendo DS.

1. The first thing you'll need to do is find out the range of IP addresses you should be using. To do this:

1. Click the "Start" button in the lower left-hand corner of your computer.

2. Click "Run."

3. Type "cmd" into the box and press Enter.

4. Type "IPCONFIG/ALL" and press Enter. The IP address of the PC will be displayed.

5. The IP address you are going to assign to the Nintendo DS must be 10 digits higher than the PC's. (e.g., 192.168.1.100 becomes 192.168.1.110).

6. Enter in the exact same values for your Subnet Mask, Default Gateway, Primary DNS and Secondary DNS.

2. You will now need to manually assign this new IP address to your Nintendo DS. For step-by-step instructions on how to do this, please click here.

* Ensure you have entered the correct DNS into the DS's manual settings. You can verify this by using the steps listed directly above (IPCONFIG/ALL).

If you are still unable to connect, please call 1-800-255-3700 in the USA or Canada for more information.

also, LERN 2 GOOGLE

Edited by Reaper man

From the Nintendo Wi-Fi webiste:

Our experience has shown that this error message is typically caused by a basic setting in your router, such as transmission rate. Please carefully read the instructions below:

* Check Nintendo's router info for special notes, if available, for your router.

1. Click here to go to our Wireless Router Configuration page.

2. Use the drop-down box on the left to select, if available, your router manufacturer.

3. Click on your router's model number, if available.

4. Read any "special notes" at the top of the router's page. Many issues can be solved by changing such things as the Transmission Rate or switching your WEP to Shared. Follow the instructions and test the connection.

* If the router is not listed on our pages, or has no suggested basic rate and transmission rate changes, log into the router, and check likely areas for the basic rate and transmission rate. (e.g., "Wireless Settings," "Advanced Wireless Settings," "Connection Rates" Change the basic rate to "1-2." Change the transmission rate to "2." (Make the change even if only one of those options is available). Test the connection.

* Another device may be sharing the same I.P. address of the DS. Try manually assigning an IP address to your Nintendo DS.

1. The first thing you'll need to do is find out the range of IP addresses you should be using. To do this:

1. Click the "Start" button in the lower left-hand corner of your computer.

2. Click "Run."

3. Type "cmd" into the box and press Enter.

4. Type "IPCONFIG/ALL" and press Enter. The IP address of the PC will be displayed.

5. The IP address you are going to assign to the Nintendo DS must be 10 digits higher than the PC's. (e.g., 192.168.1.100 becomes 192.168.1.110).

6. Enter in the exact same values for your Subnet Mask, Default Gateway, Primary DNS and Secondary DNS.

2. You will now need to manually assign this new IP address to your Nintendo DS. For step-by-step instructions on how to do this, please click here.

* Ensure you have entered the correct DNS into the DS's manual settings. You can verify this by using the steps listed directly above (IPCONFIG/ALL).

If you are still unable to connect, please call 1-800-255-3700 in the USA or Canada for more information.

also, LERN 2 GOOGLE

I did google, many times. That doesn't really help as I already said I do NOT have a router, I have USB tha tI use for my DS. My router is not compatible with my DS. I also have already done most of that stuff XD

well, then perhaps you should have stated that in your original post.

Sadly, I am not familiar with the Wifi Max USB that you are using. I would suggest getting a router that's compatible with your DS

well, then perhaps you should have stated that in your original post.

Sadly, I am not familiar with the Wifi Max USB that you are using. I would suggest getting a router that's compatible with your DS

No, too much money. I'm convinced that there is a way to get around the problem. Can anyone tell me how to find your WEP key?