Thinking about quitting my Job

Shibathedog

Thinking about quitting my Job  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So i'm thinking about quitting my job. But I can't decide if i really want to or not. Heres the deal, with my current Job, i have worked there for a little over a year now. It used to be an awesome job, i used to actually look foward to going to work, but thats not the case anymore, I understand your job is pretty much supposed to suck, and im not really expecting any better at my next job, but I think it might be getting ridiculous.

At my current job, only me and 2 other people from the original crew are left (the store opened last year, august 28th) and all the cool people i met there/that used to work there aren't there anymore, Theres only a few people left that i'm good friends with but it only takes a few i guess. some of them are some of the new people too. But its like everyone is quitting and being replaced by these people that i can't stand. The wrong people are going to be chosen to be promoted soon, and i kinda get stepped on by the owner, i deserved to have a promotion a long ass time ago, and i don't make very much money there either, its becoming really hard to afford things nowadays. That, and the owner is a flocking count. NO ONE is as bad as her, I could easily go on for pages about how much of a biatch she is, and how much of a pain in the ass, but im kind of on her good side so i don't have to deal with it THAT often, and the other 3 bosses i have are pretty cool, but one of them is slowly becoming equally bitchy.

On the other hand, i feel really bad about leaving some of these people, (and leaving them to deal with the owner, i stand up for people alot) the job isnt that bad and i get decent hours, but my pay rate IS pretty crappy. I feel like a dark leaving these people for a bigger paycheck (I have another guaranteed job because i know the owner there) but maybe im putting other people before me too much and i should worry more about myself.

either way im going to really miss working there and seeing these people almost every day. It basically boils down to a decision between some really strong bonds between me and some of my co-workers or more money for me which would make my life alot easier. At the other job i would take if i quit here, my best friend works there and a few of my other good friends, and the only person i would have an issue with just conveniently quit, so its not like i would be alone, but i dunno, Even though i hate where i work with a passion at the same time its really important to me and its where i've been for the last year. I know a few of these people ill probably never see again. Not to mention im already really good at my job there, where at the other job i would have to learn everything all over again.

I've never been at one job for this long before, not because i keep getting fired but because before i would only work when i really needed money for a few months, and id let them know that in advance too. I really dont want to end up like some people who stay at the same crappy job for 5 years plus for no real reason. Neither one of these jobs is a permanent position, far from it, as soon as i get out of college it's time for a "real" job so maybe it doesn't matter? But im aiming real high in college and wont be out for another couple years, i'm a smart person and i know i have a shot at something big.

I'm probably making a big deal out of this when i shouldn't but i have alot of stress to deal with in my life right now and every little thing is driving me crazy, i dont want any extra.

Dude, in the working world, you have no friends. That's not to say don't be friendly or friends with anyone you work with, but you MUST be out for yourself, this isn't school or the playground.

I'm on good terms with everyone I work with (Save 1 or 2 people, that I've made it very clear to) and friends with several, but I WILL step on you to get higher up the ladder if I have to. They know I'm the boss, but I only play that card when I need to, otherwise I'm just another employee.

Employers don't want people who will let others walk on them/over them, they want people who can stand and deliver.

I didn't get 3 promotions and $6 in raises in little more than 1yr for nothing. I say take the new job, and leave your current way of thinking and ethics at the old one. Don't be a jerk, but don't let anyone take anything from you by trying to be the "nice guy".

I agree 100% with IJTF Cinder.

I just change job recently. Although i perform really well and all the bosses like me, I am still adamant in going to this new company as i think it will be a new job scope that i would love to dwell into.

Aim to achieve your own goals (be it money, experience etc)

my only advice I can give is if you don't like your current job, get another one... don't force your self to be in an environment that's miserable... if you think you would be better off somewhere else and be happier, then by all means go for it. :>

Edited by Reaper man

I recommend finding another job first, then quit your current job.

You can also try talking to your boss or bosses about how you feel. if that helps they might give you a promotion, if not then quit. What do you have to lose, besides some small amount of cash?

Unfortunately for me i work in the city; at my job and getting a jobs handed out here is no picnic :(

Edited by LoRd_SnOw

yeah i think your right, i had to face some initial shock of omg im not going to have this job anymore, but now i feel like i was just being a whiny biatch about it.

old job goes, i dont have to put up with bullshit so someone else can make more money than me, when i go into work today if i dont receive a raise (im supposed to get one soon, and ill ask my boss what kind of raise it will be/if any) and if i dont like the answer ill say okay im putting my 2 weeks in now. Maybe she will change her mind, if not, shes a dumbass and just lost one of her best employees.