Random polls

Ahmad89

Random polls  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1. Opera. ( Firefox hype makes me physically ill )

2. 20/768k. ( Takes an hour to d/l then the rest of the day to seed back! )

3. I don't play PC games, I just game on my PC. Whether they stick with it I'm sure depends entirely on how effective it proves to be.

You learn something new everyday.

Is cable Interent better than DSL for the same speed?

There are far more factors involved than I'm capable (Or rather, willing to) of putting forth to you about this, but with today's technology........no.

Distance was a BIG factor in speed back in say, 1998, but the technology is different now and this isn't a big factor. DSLAMs are often located within hundreds of meters of your home. Of course theres still the distance factor to those DLSAMs to take into account, and line conditions, but this is also a factor with cable. Poor cable lines can degredate your connection just as easy, though distance isn't as large a factor (Though despite what any idiot on the internet tells you, STILL a factor).

Well i heard alot of people talk about how much Firefox is better than IE but its like cheating on your wife who you've been with since the first computer. How is it really better??

well lesse, for one, Firefox is way more secure. Not only are any vulnerabilities fixed quickly after they are found, but also hackers usually tend to target security holes that only affect IE, usually using some sort of exploit in ActiveX, which isn't supported in Firefox

secondly, Firefox renders CSS a LOT better than IE does. lookie here and you'll see that IE is HORRIBLE at rendering CSS. Firefox at it's current state doesn't have it perfect, but when Firefox 3 comes out, it will.

Finally, the extensions/addons. These are the things that prevent me from switching to Opera. there are so many that I use from a day to day basis, I just couldn't part with any of them. Adbolk is the one I make most use of. then thre are the download managers and such, 4chan addon, and a few others that just make browsing better.

So, those good enough reasons for you?

Then second question is about internet speed. I finally upgraded to DSL 3.0 Mb/s. The only reason was becuase it would turn out to be cheaper than DSL 1.5 (dont ask, its america). I dont use the intenet much for gaming mostly for browsing and downloading (which usually im not in a hurry and need it to go at 50 gazallion Mb/s). Whats your guys internet speed.

I have comcast and I get ooooh hmm, anywhere between 3 and 5Mbps down and 786-1000kbps up. It varies depending on overall load from my neighbors...

I couldnt fit this question in but when you guys download from sites what your usuall speed for example rapidshare or megaupload and all the other goody websites (if you reply to this question please say what your internet speed is originally).

hmm, I think I've seen mine peak at ooooh 400kBps, but speed sometimes is bottlenecked by the server, so it varies. you could have a 100Mbps connection and still get 10kBps download from a server if it sucks or is under heaavy load

3rd question is pretty straight forward and nothing else to say other than will it be as easy as Bioshocks was (read next paragraph about Bioshock cracking)?

Finally, in college in one of my classes some guys were talking about a cracked bioshock and they said its like 99% completed using a dll file or something. I searched around and people are saying that all the hackers need to do is just add the enter key or something like that which they forgot. In my opinion i would rather wait a couple of months to see how this goes but what do you guys think.

wait until it gets popular/well known so that you know it isn't some sort of trojan or other malicious "crack"