Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alpha

Problems with FBA-XXX Pro 1.28

I have been running into a few problems while emulating games with FBA-XXX Pro 1.28. The first thing I noticed is that the emulation is very slow when playing games like Metal Slug. There is a lot of lag throughout the gameplay. The other problem I noticed is that when playing games like Super Street Fighter II, there are missing SFX sounds throughout the gameplay as well.

Are these common problems or is there anyway to fix them?

The metal slug games are particularly laggy as they use a lot of cpu while emulating. I'd suggest trying fba-xxx pro, sometimes it has things fixed that plain old fba-xxx does not.

The metal slug games are particularly laggy as they use a lot of cpu while emulating. I'd suggest trying fba-xxx pro, sometimes it has things fixed that plain old fba-xxx does not.

Woops ... I forgot to edit the topic title. I am using FBA-XXX pro. Would it work better using MameDOX?

I don't know, never used MAME on xbox. I assume it will be slower unless they're using the assembler (asm) 68k core too.

try overclock the CPU in the "in game menu", it will be faster.

I have one question: i don't have the original Metal Slug, and i want to know if FBA-xxx Pro runs the Metal Slug at the same speed as the original games (sorry for my horrible english guys).

I know that Metal Slug 2 suffers from slowdown on real NG hardware so this is normal. Not sure about the other games in the series. I've never experienced any noticeable lag that can be attributed to the emulator.

back from the dead hehe :o

didn't have any big slowdowns with metal slug other then whats normal for neogeo but I remember someone else mentioning about the sfx issue in ssf2 a while back but nothing was done as most ppl didn't have the problem or just didn't see the problem on their xbox.

back from the dead hehe :o

lol. That's what I love about the Xbox scene; if you're not coding then you're considered dead. :D

hey +T+. i've been trying to run 480p on my arcade machine, but it seems i can't select it on FBA XXX Pro 1.28. would you happen to know why?