PS3 or WII?

oh really well thats cool i do kinda like that design better, is that final then?

Why would you get a PS3 for jak and daxter? your really going to pay that much money for jak and daxter? I can think of a few reasons why i would get a PS3 even though i probably wont and jak and daxter is definitely not one of them.

Exactly.

MGS4

Kingdom Hearts 3

FFXIII

DMC4

These are the only reasons to own a PS3...not jak and daxter.

DMC4 is set to come out 360 and PC also. MGS4 right now, is under consideration for 360 due to it's raising development costs (as told by Kazumi Kitaue). So far what the PS3 has under it's hood is the main FF13 game and KH3, so far, is unannounced to any system and MIGHT make an appearence this September at TGS.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno about that, The XBox 360 always looks as good or better than the PS3 in every example ive ever seen.

To be honest there is no real reason for the PS3 to cost more besides the fact that sony wanted to go with this ridiculously complicated architecture that doesn't offer any real advantage (Cell) And since its so complicated to program for as developers have said, theres going to be a lack of games that take full advantage of it, even more lazy ports of 360 versions, and a lack of overall games.

Yeah but also Metal Gear is pretty sweet and you wont find that on the xbox . the only thing i can think of thats good on the xbox is halo and its not even that good!

Exactly.

MGS4

Kingdom Hearts 3

FFXIII

DMC4

These are the only reasons to own a PS3...not jak and daxter.

Don't forget Lair, Heavenly Sword, Tekken 6, GOD OF WAR 3.

Also, the PS3 can help cure cancer because of the Cell processor! Check it.

Edited by nyuuka

Personally i dont like Halo either, but its turning out to be a promising system with alot of cool games coming out

Basically what im saying is that most of the games im interested in are on PS3 AND Xbox 360 so why not play them on the 360 for cheaper?

After all im primarily a PC gamer, So most of this console business is ho hum to me anyway. I'll be getting everything possible on the PC instead of these consoles.

Metal Gear IS going to be awesome though, if it ends up not coming out for 360 (although im almost positive it will, there might just be a wait involved) I'll either buy a PS3 just for that game or borrow someones PS3 just to play it haha.

Most of the hit games are gonna be overrated and the same old crap again though, To DMC4, FF, KH (which i always hated anyway), i say "Meh"

They are both going to turn into the poor mans PC eventually anyway. Thats why buying a Wii is safe, its in its own market almost.

Personally i dont like Halo either, but its turning out to be a promising system with alot of cool games coming out

Basically what im saying is that most of the games im interested in are on PS3 AND Xbox 360 so why not play them on the 360 for cheaper?

After all im primarily a PC gamer, So most of this console business is ho hum to me anyway. I'll be getting everything possible on the PC instead of these consoles.

Metal Gear IS going to be awesome though, if it ends up not coming out for 360 (although im almost positive it will, there might just be a wait involved) I'll either buy a PS3 just for that game or borrow someones PS3 just to play it haha.

Most of the hit games are gonna be overrated and the same old crap again though, To DMC4, FF, KH (which i always hated anyway), i say "Meh"

They are both going to turn into the poor mans PC eventually anyway. Thats why buying a Wii is safe, its in its own market almost.

Now on the Wii is it really good cuz with all the wirless stuff you would think it cost more but its actually the cheapest of all systems. im not saying thats a bad thing (Thats a great thing!) but does it have any defects? just wonderin

Lair is meh, not system buying worthy.

Too Human > Heavenly sword

DOA > Tekken 6 (I hate tekken, most crappiest 3d fighter evor)

God of War 3 is good, but it hasn't even been shown yet so f that.

Buy a PS3 in fall 2008 after it finally gets good games, if they don't get pushed back to 09 like this year they're getting pushed back to 08.

Other then that, the X360 is offering a lot more then the Ps3 is atm and will for at least 07 Christmas imo, and I wouldn't be surprised if the lineup of 08 Christmas would be, Blue Dragon 2, Too Human 2, Peter Jacksons Halo, Gears of war 2 (SCREW YOU EPIC FOR MAKING A PC RELEASE).

The Wii is a good system, but can't be compared to the two because of the way most games (hopefully) will be played this winter. In other words, w/e you get, make sure you get a Wii as well.

Lair is meh, not system buying worthy.

Too Human > Heavenly sword

DOA > Tekken 6 (I hate tekken, most crappiest 3d fighter evor)

God of War 3 is good, but it hasn't even been shown yet so f that.

Buy a PS3 in fall 2008 after it finally gets good games, if they don't get pushed back to 09 like this year they're getting pushed back to 08.

Other then that, the X360 is offering a lot more then the Ps3 is atm and will for at least 07 Christmas imo, and I wouldn't be surprised if the lineup of 08 Christmas would be, Blue Dragon 2, Too Human 2, Peter Jacksons Halo, Gears of war 2 (SCREW YOU EPIC FOR MAKING A PC RELEASE).

The Wii is a good system, but can't be compared to the two because of the way most games (hopefully) will be played this winter. In other words, w/e you get, make sure you get a Wii as well.

Lord... are you telling me you're unwilling to play these titles just because you have preferences? Too Human and Heavenly sword are completely different. I can understand a comparison regarding an MMORPG because that's a lot of time and money, but console titles? Those are all good titles even if you feel like DoA is better than Tekken (which I find insane btw). And Lair is good. Japan is good for original series' they come up with but the westerners bring real drama and plot to games nowadays. Lair has that flavor, like GoW does.

And again Nintendo stands out just in terms of party games. For a weekend party with the pals having laughs and getting drunk, the Wii is great just like Gamecube was. But a real gamer needs private time to sit down and really get into the single player titles that are predominant on PS and I guess Xbox now.

Too Human and Heavenly sword are on the same genre, different controls and different story, and imo, Too human > Heavenly sword, so why bother wasting another $600 on a system that has games that are worse the games that are coming out for the system I already have.

I've always laughed at tekken, even when I played it I couldn't take it seriously, I picked up DOA, and I didn't laugh, I got into it.

Lair is good, but not something I'd go buy a system for.

Money's an issue, so I 'prefer' to play the games I find more appealing on a less money wasting system then play on a system in where the company thought everyone was going to buy it (Even with high price) just because the name 'Sony' was on the product.

Too Human and Heavenly sword are on the same genre, different controls and different story, and imo, Too human > Heavenly sword, so why bother wasting another $600 on a system that has games that are worse the games that are coming out for the system I already have.

I've always laughed at tekken, even when I played it I couldn't take it seriously, I picked up DOA, and I didn't laugh, I got into it.

Lair is good, but not something I'd go buy a system for.

Money's an issue, so I 'prefer' to play the games I find more appealing on a less money wasting system then play on a system in where the company thought everyone was going to buy it (Even with high price) just because the name 'Sony' was on the product.

Well Too Human looks pretty good too but i'm willing to bet that Heavenly Sword will get better reviews. And DoA is ridiculous, so easy to play. A button for counterattacks? I mean c'mon... Tekken has a better story than DoA AND VF, and cooler characters than both (with the exception of Ryu Hayabusua because he's Ninja Gaiden...) with more character development.

And PS3's price has been reduced to $499 just a heads-up.