Starcraft II

I hate to say this, but I've known about this since Tuesday since a store here in montreal played the exact same footage. How they got it is BEYOND me.

There were pretty detailed posts about this on the Battle.net forums last week as well- sounded like a lot of bs until it was all confirmed. I think the site went up by accident very briefly at some point.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my god! This is great news! I can't wait!

Starcraft was the only RTS I enjoyed. (It frustrated me as well, but that's because I suck at RTS games). But I think it's a testament to how great the game was that it kept me playing, even though it pissed me off!

On a somewhat negative note...I hope it is not just a "remake" - sequels should mean much more then that, especially sequels from Blizzard. I hope they go all the way. And call me controversial, but I never liked the 3d graphics in Warcraft III - they just didn't do it for me.

I wait with fingers crossed though.

Now I really have to complete Brood War - I never made it past the last Terran mission!

I haven't been excited for a game like this in a long time. Although I wish they went with a more gritty look to the game than a cartoony style such as Warcraft 3.

I'm definitely going to buy this, Starcraft was awesome, You should see how all the people in korea are shitting their pants over this.

As Joystiq put it - Its like if in America, people found out there was a sequel to American Idol that powered their cars.

about starcraft one... i never actually played it, wasn't into rts's at the time

but i'm thinking of playing it, how does it hold up against current strat games like C&C Generals: Zero hour, or Warcraft TFT ? cause for example, i didn't like Red alert 2 when i played it, even though everyone swears by it.

speaking of which, any other rts's around that are as fun as the above two, and will work on a VERY modest system (64 mb graphics card, 1.5 mhz processor, 512 ram)

In short, Generals (and C&C3 to a degree) took a page to Starcrafts "3 Races" counter-balance way. Infact, I would say everything in Generals itself is influenced by SC and TFT. And it still holds alot of merit in competive play years after it's release (As scene by WCG, who have had it as it's one of it's main events since forever). While the standings may not be the same as a few years go (Boxar for one, went down in play after everyone picked up his techniques over the years), it is still one of the most competive games to play, and yes, I've attempted to go pro in this. And no, I don't use Zerg. Toss/Terran 4life.