RAGE

R.A.G.E. was good for its time, but let's face it: it was designed for DOS and has been dead a long while. Still, it was an excellent emulator, it was made by the guys who made the original NeoRAGEx after all.

There's really no incentive to use it anymore. MAME and other arcade emulators have gone past it ages ago.

R.A.G.E. was good for its time, but let's face it: it was designed for DOS and has been dead a long while. Still, it was an excellent emulator, it was made by the guys who made the original NeoRAGEx after all.

There's really no incentive to use it anymore. MAME and other arcade emulators have gone past it ages ago.

Too true.

I have it and use it every now and then just out of habit.

But I use mame a lot more.

These old emulators are pretty much under a large tombstone. Unfortunately, emulator authors can lose interest in emulation as well. A lot of great emulators for the PC have just been dead for years now. The new thing is porting all these emulators to the latest handheld devices (PSP/NDS) and the latest consoles (360/Wii).

These old emulators are pretty much under a large tombstone. Unfortunately, emulator authors can lose interest in emulation as well. A lot of great emulators for the PC have just been dead for years now. The new thing is porting all these emulators to the latest handheld devices (PSP/NDS) and the latest consoles (360/Wii).

True. What surprises me is that we now have fullspeed NeoGeo and CPS-1/2 emulation (when the raster effects are off, and the screen isn't being stretched) but still don't have a decently working SNES emu for the PSP. Yeh I know that the SNES had a bunch of weird custom chips and various sound emulation problems still exist but get with the times... it's 2007... :banghead:

True. What surprises me is that we now have fullspeed NeoGeo and CPS-1/2 emulation (when the raster effects are off, and the screen isn't being stretched) but still don't have a decently working SNES emu for the PSP. Yeh I know that the SNES had a bunch of weird custom chips and various sound emulation problems still exist but get with the times... it's 2007... :banghead:

I thought the same with the GP2x. It's a handheld device that's made ONLY for homebrew. I immediately expected it to play SNES games at least at playable speeds. It couldn't even run Super Street Fighter II at more than 12FPS! I just find it so ironic that the handheld devices that are not even made for homebrew can do it better.

I thought the same with the GP2x. It's a handheld device that's made ONLY for homebrew. I immediately expected it to play SNES games at least at playable speeds. It couldn't even run Super Street Fighter II at more than 12FPS! I just find it so ironic that the handheld devices that are not even made for homebrew can do it better.

This is the dilemma it came down to before I bought my PSP. I ended up deciding that although the GP2x is a much more open platform, it doesn't have the sheer power that the PSP has to throw around. I figured the emulation scene would one day be stronger on Sony's system anyway, if only because the community would likely be bigger.

Still, SNES being a biatch is a major thorn in my side. SNES9xTYL seems to have hit a dead spot as well as far as development goes. It's a tremendous shame.

I have NeorageX (both legal and hacked versions) on my XP machine and it runs fine. I find the sound quality is better than MAME. The hacked versions crash totally when they encounter a MGD2 set though.

I have NeorageX (both legal and hacked versions) on my XP machine and it runs fine. I find the sound quality is better than MAME. The hacked versions crash totally when they encounter a MGD2 set though.

MDG2 support was removed from those after all.

MDG2 support was removed from those after all.

I loved Neorage when it first came out.