Post Your Desktop :New Year's Edition:

Wizard

i have no idea but he reminded me i need to re-install FEAR Combat!

Hey if you ever want to Play online, il Join your game too if im online, if u ever do, Just IM me on AIM, my sn is in my profile.

I wouldnt mind playin unreal Tournament With you guys either but i only have Unreal Tournament G.O.T.Y edition :)

Mind you im not that great, but im not bad either

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

true.

I know what both of them are talking about though. Dont you think there should be a name for this genre of music besides "Old School Hip-Hop" so it doesnt get confused?

When he says it died with them i dont think he meant it doesnt exist, i think he meant there hasnt been anything as good as it since. (which im not sure if i agree with or not)

BTW yeah ill play with you, i might be playing tomorrow night or something.

true.

I know what both of them are talking about though. Dont you think there should be a name for this genre of music besides "Old School Hip-Hop" so it doesnt get confused?

When he says it died with them i dont think he meant it doesnt exist, i think he meant there hasnt been anything as good as it since. (which im not sure if i agree with or not)

BTW yeah ill play with you, i might be playing tomorrow night or something.

I know what he meant, but thats a false statement Regardless. Its like saying Rock Died when KISS Stopped Playing, or when John Lennon Was Shot. Just because the greats of a genre are gone doesnt mean its Dead.

----------------------------------------------------------

Tomorrow is badd, il get home tommorow real late, I will be on All day Saturday tho.

i know it doesnt mean its dead im just saying maybe he meant its not the same.

pretty much all music nowadays sucks anyway.

and KISS Sucks, Its like a bunch of old jewish guys with face paint. I hate KISS. But i understand the point you where trying to make. (No offense to jewish people.)

thug-a-cation teach you to write like that? seriously.

and before you start tackling rock music with hear-say and stereotypes know that today's rap and hip hop is a joke. and I'm talking about the crap routine "guns, money, girls". Seriously, who gives a crap about some black guy who's living the high-life on people's money who are dumb enough to buy the same thing over and over again? The real hip hop died with 2pac, end of story. That's what it was all about. Black people's problems and stuff.

Satanism and rock music? don't make me laugh, before hip hop and rap even existed as a concept, old school rock music was the music young minds would listen to. satanism-themed music is just a sub-genre of a sub-genre of rock music that was ripe and ready to somehow become the "stereotype" image for haters to come and attach it to...

being able to learn and play an instrument > being able to have your voice recorded and fine-tuned in a studio.

on a sidenote, great desktop picture, drake...

Hip-Hop didn't die, it moved to the south.

Also note;

Public Enemy is still around, putting out beats that we all know and love!

I dont call the southern Music Hip Hop. Theres nothing to the Music they make down there,

Snap your fingers and lean with it :thumbsup1:

Hey aint nuttin wrong wit da durty durty.

Hey aint nuttin wrong wit da durty durty.

Nah there aint, They get it "Crunk" down there thats for sure. They Music can get a party Up and Going in No Time. But i just dont consider it real Hip Hop. Like a East vs. South beef wouldnt last at all. Weve got all the best up here in NY. Nas being the Key one.

well of course hip hop is not canocally dead in its full sense. it would mean no one actually listens to it or creates it any more at all. which is really not bound to happen in the near future. I'm simply stating that for someone who hates MTV like myself, there's no other way of hearing or your average every day hip hop artists, unless they're really really good. and considering MTV shows all the crap and good stuff mixed together, it's hard to tell which is good or not. and 80% is crap

I'm trying to start a fight here.

no, rock music is not about sad people. you just stereotyped right there. it gets worse because you stereotyped a cathegory. rock music is about a hightened state of mind, bettering your soul as you go on with the harmony of various instruments into melodical bliss. (no, I'm not emo)

You tackled rock music when you said all rockers hate it period... for one thing... where as hip hop is a genre in its entirety, you can't stereotype rock music simply because comparing hip hop to rock is like saying this ant is as big as this ant farm. rock music is a not a genre but a very big collection of genres and subgenres and spinoffs. simple as that.

even if you were to say rock music is about satanism, it wouldn't say anything other that you lack basic musical culture and you use stereotypes.

I never fully stereotyped hip hop and never will, and I don't hate it as I listen to it from time to time.

and because someone came from the bottom and now is rich doesn't necesarilly mean he's suddenly become popular, loved by all and the biggest baddest one around that everyone should inherently respect, just because he managed to get out of poverty? you don't see people signing about how they got out of poverty by learning, staying in school, leading and honest, productive life. nope. I promise to stop this when I see a hip hop artist signing about his problems as a lawyer. instead all you see is former convicts, drug-dealers and pimps and so on, most of which just use that image to make money.

simply put, there's no message, no feeling. period.

I'm not saying anything about Papoose because I haven't heard of him really. but here in Europe there's less following and feedback. there is however a growing community of rather sad people who think that the only values in life are the ones they see on MTV.

no, you are not worth as much as you own. you are worth as much as you know.

The Parasites, a group of rappers in my country have a message. Like anti-censorship, bashing government corruption, and anti-flock of sheep effect. here's a link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parazitii