Evil Error

Mooney

My new computer is great, and works amazingly as well, but there is one problem. Sometimes, while I'm using it, it will just randomly shut down or restart itself. When it gets back on, I am presented with this web page:

http://oca.microsoft.com/en/response.aspx?...790d&SID=10

Does anyone know how I can fix this? <_<

One of the device drivers on your pc is screwed up. I'd suggest uninstalling any devices you don't need atm and figure out which is the problem.

I'd put my money on one of these things....

A: Update your graphics card driver. This is a huge contributor to BSODs when there are driver conflicts.

B: Disable auto restart when the system detects a problem. If theres a real problem, you'll know it. Often Windows will restart itself when there is no real problem. Right click on My Computer, go to the Advanced tab and click on Settings under Startup and Recovery and uncheck the Automatically Restart box.

C: Running a motherboard with a VIA chipset? VIA sucks, PERIOD. Make sure you have the latest chipset drivers.

A: Did that before this started happening.

B: Did that now, mebbe it will help? <_<

C: My motherboard is an Elitegroup KA3 MVP which is based on the ATI RD580 Northbridge and SB600 Southbridge chipsets. Updating all my drivers for that now.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, I did all of the things everyone suggested, but it is still happening. This time, I tok a pic of what it shows me every time it happens:

dsc01959lv9.jpg