Can't remember the name of a game?

Ahmad89

There is a game that i played about 7 or 8 years ago and i think it was on some kind of Atari that you buy from the street. It lasts less then a year (and so do the games). It was a hockey game in which you pick a team and start playing against another team with powers. After you beat them you can select them and continue on to the next team. Some other features in the game were if you hit the goalie a penalty would sound and a cheerleader (i think) would through you in a trash can.

If you at least remember the name of the system, it would be greatly appreciated. The game haunts me that i was never able to win it. If i remember anything else i will post it up.

I really want to play the game.

thanks

Edited by Ahmad89

This game is actually for the NES, and it is called Ike Ike! Nekketsu Hockey Bu.

7937.png7939.png

I'm pretty sure this was only released in Japan, but I could be wrong. :blink:

Anything resembling River City Ransom can't be all that bad.

True, the only problem that both these games have and almost all nintendo games(not all) are thier repetetiveness. This hockey game is rediculously easy to win, all u gotta do is go close to the top right of the screen, and aim your shot downwards its a guarenteed score if u dont get the puck stolen. But besides that a good game. Mind you that this is the first time i played this game about a minute ago.

Even though ive never played the game(but i will today :blink: ) I see a resemblence to River City Ransom

Acually, there is a reason for this. If you've played a lot of Japanese sports games, you'd notice that the main character and the main team are almost always the same: Kunio Kun and Nekketsu. This is because all these games (including RCR) are developed by Technos Japan.

Even though ive never played the game(but i will today :blink: ) I see a resemblence to River City Ransom

Acually, there is a reason for this. If you've played a lot of Japanese sports games, you'd notice that the main character and the main team are almost always the same: Kunio Kun and Nekketsu. This is because all these games (including RCR) are developed by Technos Japan.

True. Technos basically went with the same style for several years during the early 80's - early 90's; both in arcade and the NES and partially the SNES too.

Well i have to agree that these games are loads of fun. I just downloaded one called Bikkuri Nekketsu Shin Kiroku! - Harukanaru Kin MedalIt is INCREDIBLY fun, kinda hard at first but fun.

Anyone know of any good NES games to download, most of them are boring. Very few games are fun for this system, especialy since i cant play Duck hunt :blink:

Anyone know of any good NES games to download, most of them are boring. Very few games are fun for this system, especially since i cant play Duck hunt :blink:

Any Castlevania, especially the japanese version of Castlevania III (Akumajou Densetsu). Castlevania 2 is a lot weaker because it threw most Castlevania-esque things out the window, but it's still sort of ok I guess.

Esper Dream 2, Darkwing Duck, Excitebike, Kirby's Adventure, Double Dragon III, Bionic Commando, Gargoyle's Quest 2, Ice Climber, Power Blade, Mighty Final Fight (awesome), Parodius da!, Radia Senki, Battletoads (just for the sheer gruesome difficulty that makes you cry blood), Batman - Return of the Joker (this is actually a very good Batman game), Super C (sequel to Contra for those who don't know), Earthbound (this should be self-explanatory I shouldn't have to say anything).