Has the Chankast team stopped working on Chankast?

I hate closed-source emulators :thumbsup1: They make me think the author has something to hide...

Well, they do, their code. That is of course so no one claims it as theirs.

Even my crappy emulators are open source. The emulation scene should be used to share as much information as possible. The best emulation scene to date is the NES emulation one, everything is open source. Everyone tries to share as much information as possible. Wikis, open source emulators, documentation, there's crazy amounts of NES developing information available. I just don't see why the rest of the emulation world doesn't follow the great example that the NES emulation world is.

I could understand the thing being closed source until it was completly done so that no one can claim the project out of the blue. But after the emulater is nearly done and only has minor bugs open source is the way to go!!

I could understand the thing being closed source until it was completly done so that no one can claim the project out of the blue. But after the emulater is nearly done and only has minor bugs open source is the way to go!!

If the team has stopped working on the emu then they should release an open source to its fans as a goodbye gift

I hate closed-source emulators :thumbsup1: They make me think the author has something to hide...

What? Like the authors of Dolphin-Emu? It's well known that they're using open source code in their emulator, from other PPC projects (Like PearPC) and obfuscating the code, and not sharing.