Urgent Problem, Help Needed

I Dled Chankast, and dled the bios, and im having a problem. When i start the game, it says please insert game disc "please insert game disc" im not sure what this means or why is this problem occuring to me. I transformed the files using Magiciso into .iso format, and .cdi, and finally mounted to my drive E: (fake virtual drive) but the problem still presists... I downloaded Marvel VS Capcom 2, and last year i made it work im not sure how, but... Anyways, after i mounted its .iso format file, it still comes with the "please insert game disc" Can anyone here give me the possible and correct steps to load, use a certain example game through chankast properly? Maybe im missing something or doing it wrong. My msn is skunker87@hotmail.com if anyone cna help out or reply here. Probably the bios files are wrong...But im still wondering.

In chankast, there is a option to choose drive, maybe you forgotten to switch to the virtual drive? For me, the ISO I downloaded are cdi so I don't use magiciso. Maybe try skipping that step and mount. BTW, which software do you use?

You really shouldn't have to convert CD images from one format to another, since Daeamon Tools can mount almost all known CD image file formats.

Install a virtual drive (either Daemon Tools or alternatively Alcohol 120%), mount the CD image, point Chankast's CD-ROM plugin (CDRom Interface xxx, don't you dare touch that crap called ASPI) to the right drive and start emulation.

P.S. Since this IS a message board, we don't take conversations such as this to IM programs unless it's absolutely necessary.

You really shouldn't have to convert CD images from one format to another, since Daeamon Tools can mount almost all known CD image file formats.

Install a virtual drive (either Daemon Tools or alternatively Alcohol 120%), mount the CD image, point Chankast's CD-ROM plugin (CDRom Interface xxx, don't you dare touch that crap called ASPI) to the right drive and start emulation.

P.S. Since this IS a message board, we don't take conversations such as this to IM programs unless it's absolutely necessary.

Unfortunetly, I tried that. I put the daemon tools drive to E: and the Chakast Drive to E:, still doesnt work, same old message....Please insert game disc. When i dled mvc2, it came in .rar files, so i extracted it, and it become a iso file. I mounted that using daemon tools, and made sure the drives are same, but still doesnt work.

There's a good chance tht the image you have is corrupt. Since Chankast won't evne try to read from the virtual drive ecen though the CD-ROM plugin is configured to read from the right drive.

The only images I've ever downloaded were .cdi or .mds/.mdf. Supposedly the iso format doesn't carry all the information needed to properly burn a DC game. I guess it's the same to mount it...

Maybe you could try downloading another image? I know it may sound stupid, but are you sure it is a dreamcast game you've got there, not for another console?

I somehow fail to grasp how this problem is urgent...

Yes, it functions the same as the hardware in that regard. Self boot images are comprised of two sessions (Not tracks). Either DD or AD sessions. Converting the images you download is pointless, you'll only run into problems.