I have problems getting into 1emulation

This few days when I tried to enter the forums, I can't. But I tried a lot of times, sometimes like now, I can enter. A few minutes ago, I tried entering but can't. I tried a proxy and I can enter. Then I disconnect my interent and reconnect, I can enter. Any ideas why?

What do you mean by can't enter? Are you getting a forum error message? If so, delete all your 1emulation cookies, close off your browser and start again. If it says the server can't be found you might be having dns problems.

Tell us more.

Somehow, I don't have that file anymore. BTW, I thought when insert an address into the file, the site will be blocked? I once got a virus that adds tons of anti virus sites into the file and cause those sites not able to be visited.

It associates a site to an IP. If the IP is wrong, that site is blocked. If it's right, the site is accessible.

Normally your ISP does it for you but sometimes (a lot in my case), they get it wrong. You use that file to over-ride them.

I use the blocking facility to kill off lots of advertising, stat counters, trojan sites and so on.