Yes, King of Fighters XI IS playable on PCSX2!

Graphics:

**I tried all of these and none of them work, I get various error messages**

Cdvdrom:

**I tried all of these and none of them work, I get various error messages**

Bios:

Europe v02.00(14/06/2004) Console

I even tried your exact setup, but it doesn't work. I get that same error message "Error loading C:\Emulators\PCSX2\kof11-gant.iso" and then I get the error "Error opening CDVD Plugin" afterward.

That is very interesting; it looks like it may have something to do with the configuration of the graphics or the CDVDROM.

How are you starting PCSX2; are you choosing the standard one or the TLB (non VM)?

Are you choosing File--->Run CD?

I am starting PCSX2 by selecting the one that does not ask you to enter your name for physical memory purposes, because that isn't working. I pick the one that says PCSX2t, not the regular PCSX2.

I choose both File>>Run CD and Run>>Execute, neither works. After messing with the configs, and doing a "test" for each config setting, it looks like it comes down to a graphics problem. In the graphics mode, I have selected ZeroGS KOSMOS 0.95.2, and it says it is working properly, but I get the error message "Error opening GS Plugin." The other one (GSdx9) says it is NOT working properly, and when I try to run the game with it I get the error "Supported pixel shader is too low! Supported: 0.0, Selected: 2.0." So that's where I'm at right now.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pixel Shader support is determined with DirectX implementation the card uses. Cards that use 9.0 use PS2.0 (ATI Radeon 9500+, X1xxx+ lines support PS3.0 [DirectX9.0c] --- NVIDIA GeForce 5xxx+, 6xxx+ line supports PS3.0 [DirectX 9.0c])

Do most modern graphics cards support shading 2.0? Or do I need a specialized one?

My graphics card came with my computer so most modern graphics cards support shading 2.0! ;)

My graphics card is Radeon X300 with only 64 MB of RAM and it runs PCSX2 and KoF XI just fine on it! :blink:

Do most modern graphics cards support shading 2.0? Or do I need a specialized one?

My graphics card came with my computer so most modern graphics cards support shading 2.0! :clapping:

My graphics card is Radeon X300 with only 64 MB of RAM and it runs PCSX2 and KoF XI just fine on it! :huh:

Well it looks like I'm SOL. I have a laptop and can't replace the graphics card, something I didn't realize until someone at a store told me so. So I guess I can't play KOFXI on my pc at all :(

My graphics card came with my computer so most modern graphics cards support shading 2.0! :clapping:

My graphics card is Radeon X300 with only 64 MB of RAM and it runs PCSX2 and KoF XI just fine on it! :huh:

Well it looks like I'm SOL. I have a laptop and can't replace the graphics card, something I didn't realize until someone at a store told me so. So I guess I can't play KOFXI on my pc at all :(

No, you can't. laptops aren't really made for emulation (or any integrated graphics chip for that matter). Unfortunate but true, and holds true every single time when an emulation-realated question involving said chips pops up.

• 1 month later...

I am having a similar problem. I have the 2.36GB Gant image mounted in Daemon 4.03HE, mounts fine and everything. In PCSX2 I have configured Cdvdrom plugin P.E.Op.S CDVD Driver 1.2.0 to use the drive Daemon provides, no problem there. Video is also configured, same with sound etc.

No matter what I try (change) I always get the error:

pcsx2t.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

AppName: pcsx2t.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: unknown

ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 00000000

My rig:

Abit AN8-V (BIOS rev. 2.0)

Athlon 64 3000+

2 x 512 MB Kingston Valueram DDR400 (3-3-3)

WD800JB, WD1600JB

Gainward Ultra/2300PCX Nvidia 6800 GS

Antec SP-400P

XP Pro SP2 up tp date :lol: