Jump to content

v0.3 Wifi Lib Connection Troubleshooting Guide


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I erased all WFC settings and then added a new AP. After this, any program using wifilib works(beup, wifi test,...), but after another reset, it doesn't work anymore until i erase all WFC settings again.

 

I'm not sure I understand. You erased all WFC settings in a commercial game and added back an AP in that game, then loaded a program using the wifi lib? How can you "not reset" between the time you add a new AP and the time you load a wifilib program?

Edited by jfperusse
Link to post
Share on other sites

I erased all WFC settings and then added a new AP. After this, any program using wifilib works(beup, wifi test,...), but after another reset, it doesn't work anymore until i erase all WFC settings again.

 

I'm not sure I understand. You erased all WFC settings in a commercial game and added back an AP in that game, then loaded a program using the wifi lib? How can you "not reset" between the time you add a new AP and the time you load a wifilib program?

i do a soft reset after i add a new AP in the game. then i load wifi_test. it works. After that a hard reset is needed. After that, wifilib doesn't work anymore.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just reflashed my DS Lite with FlashMe V7, and wifi now works!

 

It is somewhat annoying that the wifi lib does not work properly with the stock DS Lite firmware, but at least it can be noted as an issue. I still wonder why it worked for DSOrganize and nothing else.

 

FYI, I got flashme v7 from:

 

http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=28470

 

If you have an EZ-Flash 4 Lite, you do not need to use the EZ Client software to transfer the flashme file, but you have to rename the flashme.nds to flashme.bin.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
I just reflashed my DS Lite with FlashMe V7, and wifi now works!

 

It is somewhat annoying that the wifi lib does not work properly with the stock DS Lite firmware, but at least it can be noted as an issue. I still wonder why it worked for DSOrganize and nothing else.

 

FYI, I got flashme v7 from:

 

http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=28470

 

If you have an EZ-Flash 4 Lite, you do not need to use the EZ Client software to transfer the flashme file, but you have to rename the flashme.nds to flashme.bin.

 

What's weird is that I tried the sample program on my friend's DS Lite (not flashed) and it worked for him, exactly the same setup... (same router, same flash cart, same ezpass, etc.)

 

:blink:

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Im quite desperate now.

 

I got a DS Lite with Passcard3 & G6 Lite. I tried beup and it didnt work. Then i tried both (.nds and .ds.gba) wifi lib tests and nothing is working. Wardriving gives me nothing, finding an AP also nothing.

The weird thing is, WFC works flawlessly. I found like 40 AP's during a 10min ride yesterday. After doing the same ride with the wifi lib testit gave me zero results.

 

How is that even possible?

The weird thing is that it doesnt even connect to a WFC AP which works fine in mario kart and tetris... Anybody knows a solution for this? I want to use beup....

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Update:

 

After flashing my DS Lite with the v7 firmware wifi lib is working. I can connect to a few AP's but nothing is working. DNS is not working or anything. Wardriving and packet scanning is working fine.

 

Beup is getting to the handshaking part and then hangs on that. I am sure i am using the latest version.

 

 

Anyone knows what can be wrong?

 

Oh, and btw : WFC is connecting to my router fine but wifi lib test cant connect using that data. Thats weird...?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

I also have the problem where Nintendo WFC works (with WEP), but homebrew applications using this lib will not when WEP is on; they will if it's off.

 

However, that's with my router, a sitecom wl-114 (version 1). I tried it at someone else's place, and there the connection DID work, with WEP and all (a Belkin router).

 

So, it's related to the router, but it remains odd that everything else works normally. I can't find anything weird in the settings either....

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

*update*

 

I replaced my Sitecom router with one from Belkin (for various reasons) and now programs using the wifi-lib work fine here too.

 

it remains a little odd though that some routers do not work with homebrew where others do....

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...