DC++ Help

Mooney

From what I recall (note, I have not done this in almost two years -- been DC++ free since August 04), you download somebody's list of stuff, sniff around, and begin downloading. If the download doesn't start automatically, then they've either run out of slots, or they're faking, and/or all of the above.

Edited by Weirdy

Double click the user to get his list,double click the file to download it.It's very easy.

Go to File-->Settings-->Connection Settings and set Firewall(passive,last resort) if you try to download something and it doesnt start,says "connection timeout" or something.

If it says "no slots available" then that guy doesnt have download slots,which will get him kicked off the hub eventually by the operators.

Log into a hub, and click on the magnifying glass. type in your search term (you can also specify a file extension after the initial search word). Press enter and possible matches should start coming up.

Double click a file to put the file in your queue (and start ownloading), or right click on a file and select 'Get Filelist' to get that person's filelist.

Etc etc etc. There are a whole lot of things to do in DC++.

• 7 months later...

Sorry to revive this old thread but I figured there are enough DC++ ones around as it is.

I just wanted to ask where do you find good hubs? Ive looked over the EmuNetwork ones and half no longer connect- hublist.org etc dont really list enough for specific things...

Overall I cant find what Im looking for. Its just really frustrating. Please can anyone PM some good hubs for Dreamcast backups? Or point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Go into your settings and add this hublist under DOWNLOADS. http://dreamland.gotdns.org/PublicHubList.config.bz2

We aren't supposed to give out addresses and stuff for Warez, and as such I can't tell you any hub addresses. We even stopped having our own DC hub here for just that reason.

But I can tell you, use that public hublist and filter the hublist with the word "Sega". Maybe you'll find the hub I'm in, where there's some Dreamcast games to be had <_>