Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
skullmaster1000

dont ya just love wireless networks?

ok, i'm just going to explain my situation clearly. i have a ds, a passme 1, a gbamp ver. 2, and a wireless network. i have three computers on wireless networks, and all in different rooms. is it possible to use ds2key to control my laptop, a client of the wireless network? or, when i use ds2key, will it control every single computer on the network? please help

ok, i'm just going to explain my situation clearly. i have a ds, a passme 1, a gbamp ver. 2, and a wireless network. i have three computers on wireless networks, and all in different rooms. is it possible to use ds2key to control my laptop, a client of the wireless network? or, when i use ds2key, will it control every single computer on the network? please help

DS2Key communicates with a pc application, so it will only control the computer the server app is ran on. You should be fine, just remember not to use wep encryption.

I don't think so, each PC has to have a unique IP, and DS2Key sets a server PC (so only one...).

I don't think so, each PC has to have a unique IP, and DS2Key sets a server PC (so only one...).

Yep that's true, the network card just ignores data for any IP except for the IP the PC is set to.

That's different for a UDP broadcast though, it sends data to a range of IP's (that's the way ds2key finds the server).

well, it works, but the lag is so bad that any game is unplayable. then i tried it on the host computer, and it works beautifully. great ap, just too bad my wireless adapter doesn't have soft ap.....or i think it doesn't......